Network Security Engineer
Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by NP Group
Contract Assignment: Network Security Engineer
Location: 80% Remote/20% Cork Ireland
Start Date: End Feb 2020
Rate: Euros market rate
Duration: 6 months +
We're looking for a Network Security Engineer, Operational Technology (OT) Information Security to help design and build network architectures, tools, and technologies for the Operational Technology area within the Global Information Security and Risk Management function (ISRM). The role will lead OT network security efforts addressing cyber-risk mitigation activities at distribution centers and expanding outwards to various other solutions and services within the portfolio (Specialty Health, robotics etc.)
- Provide subject matter expertise and support solution shaping in the field of IT Network and Industrial Control System (ICS) Security.
- Understand and assess security policies, standards, propose hardening guidelines for IT and OT networks
- The role will assess current protection level of the networks, infrastructure and Industrial Control Systems and the compliance of these assets towards Clients policies, standards and applicable legislation.
- The role will support projects, assess the effectiveness of the security of the network, and OT environments.
- Understand, research, design and develop secure implementations of technology solutions, and oversee large rollouts of the same.
- End-to-end analysis, requirements development, design, and governance of the security processes and tools ecosystem within Technology infrastructure, partnering with IT and business colleagues as appropriate
- Evaluate and POC next-generation network security solutions
- Support Security Architecture with the design and implementation of new network security solutions
- Operationalize network security solutions to provide optimal value through repeatable metric reporting, standardizing maintenance and continually finding and closing security gaps
- Train Operations teams to ensure a high-level understanding of network security solutions and how they relate to quantifiable risk
- Participate in Scaled Agile planning and activities deploying enterprise program creating Global Network Security Services, identify customer needs, converting those into functional requirements and creating program roadmap, driving objectives and managing program backlog.
- 6+ years' experience in network systems administration
- 3+ years ICS/OT experience Knowledge of healthcare, privacy, and financial compliance regulations
- Experience of working with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework for the enterprise)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with an understanding of IT/OT business operations
- and information security.
- Cyber Security and/or network related certification(s) such as CISSP, ISSAP, CCNP, or proven equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Palo Alto Network or other Firewalls, including administration, operations, design, deployment, and troubleshooting is a great plus
- Experience working with OT visibility toolset (eg. Network Security Monitoring) is a great plus, including asset management application and other security integrations
- Understanding of attack vectors, current threats, and their remediation strategies
- Solid knowledge of security of SCADA/PLC network, industrial domain know-how, protocols and devices
- Expert in network devices (eg Routers, Switches, load balancers, DNS, DHCP) and proven track record of successful IT project contribution from concept to completion 6+ years of specialization in Network Security technologies including NAC, Firewalls, wired and wireless security
- Familiar with future developments within the area of network security, data center security and ICS/SCADA security
- Expert level knowledge of all aspects of ICS/OT security
- Expert familiarity with industrial environments including factories, manufacturing plants, and distribution centers
- Proven experience working in engineering capacity integrating one or more other network security and capabilities such as Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, Proxies, DLP, Network Deception, micro-segmentation, SIEM, Security Orchestration and Automation, Next Gen Breach Detection Systems
- Expert-level understanding of network protocols (TCP/UDP, IP, ARP, DNS, HTTP(S), etc)
- Able to understand switch and Router configurations
- Well-developed technical communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks with competing priorities; strong influencing skills to work with various service owners
- Familiar with compliance regulations, IT, security frameworks and standards (ie NIST 800, ISO/IEC 27002, HIPAA, PCI, SOX, HITRUST)
- Able to stay on top of latest cybersecurity developments and next gen platforms
Will need to complete background check.
Networking People (UK) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.