Lead Electronics Engineer
Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by Higgins Talent Sourcing Ltd
A Chief/Technical Lead Electronics Engineer is required by a fast growing consultancy business to take control of Electronics Engineering and bring all design activities in-house.
The company is heading in a new direction, and will give you the freedom to use your expertise to set up the new electronics hardware division. As such, you'll have a clean slate to set things up your way.
Some Typical Duties/Tasks
- Lead the specification, design and development of complex electronics products for the automotive and off-highway sectors, mainly within Hybrid and EV niches
- Hands-on technical involvement in design and development activities
- Collaborating with the Technical Director to define the ECU strategy within the parent organisation
- Provide leadership and mentoring to a small and growing team of Electronics Engineers
- Support the definition of the development processes that will satisfy robust automotive industry, customer and internal design standards
- Take products from concept, through the full design life cycle, and participating in the successful production launch
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Embedded controllers and electronic systems
- Analogue and digital design
- History of designing with automotive-qualified or equivalent robust processors, a variety of switch-mode power supplies and able to design a wide variety of I/O circuitry
- Experience of taking complex electronics products into volume production
- Experience of applicable automotive design, quality and validation processes such as ISO 26262 (ASIL D)
On top of a competitive salary, you can also expect many enhanced benefits, flexible working hours, a modern working environment with free parking and fantastic on-site facilities.
- Competitive Salary
- 37.5 hours week
- Flexible Start/Finish Times
- Hours Banking Scheme
- 26 days holiday (negotiable & increasing with service) plus 7 bank holidays (Good Friday is worked)
- 10% Performance Related Bonus
- Private Health Care with the option to add family members at a small cost
- Enhanced Pension Contribution: 5% contribution from you, 10% from the company
- Life Assurance of 4 times your salary
- Group Income Protection - half of your salary paid if you become incapacitated or unable to work
- Childcare scheme
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for this position, or need more information, please either hit 'Apply' or get in contact with Stuart Higgins or email (see below)
Let's have an informal chat where we'll discover exactly if this opportunity is a good match to your ambitions.