Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by Visual Marking Systems, Inc.
Visual Marking Systems (VMS) is a leader in high performance printing and custom graphic design services for the OEM, Point-of-Sale/Point-of-Purchase, Public Transit, and Fleet Graphics industries. Located in NE Ohio, VMS has over 50 years experience in serving customers from a variety of industries. We create custom decals, overlays, POS/POP displays, nameplates, vehicle graphics and more. Beyond just a printer, VMS offers a wide range of services from customized graphic design to graphics installation and apparel plus promotional items. Our clients include Lincoln Electric, Enterprise Truck, FedEx, Downing Display, Exxon, Navistar, Farmers Insurance, MOEN, GE and Davey Tree.
This position has two functions with the primary responsibility being a receptionist in our lobby and the second function is inputting customer orders into our ERP order entry system.
- Provide primary phone coverage for all incoming phone calls - answering all calls before the third ring. Directing calls to the appropriate person and or territory. Be familiar with call routing lists and use appropriately.
- Greet visitors upon arrival.
- Demonstrate a professional and courteous manner when working across all levels of the organization to include customers and employees.
- Manage office operational tasks in an effective manner
- Provide administrative and operational support for order entry and special projects at all levels of the organization. Be aware of office schedules across the organization to provide accurate information to customers.
- Demonstrate initiative with approach utilizing critical thinking when managing tasks, which includes going above and beyond day-to-day responsibilities to identify those areas which need attention.
- Responsible for providing back-up receptionists daily information when covering the reception area
- Maintain up-to-date phone lists
- Maintain professional appearance of reception area
- Receive, sign for, and log in all courier packages delivered to the main reception desk. Notify appropriate employees of their arrival.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree or equivalent preferred with a minimum of 1 year experience in related receptionist/data entry role.
- 1 to 2 years experience in business to business or administrative setting required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
- Proficient typing and order entry skills required for this position.
VMS offers a tremendous benefits package with subsidized medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. We also provide very generous vacation, PTO, Flex spending, company matching 401(k) savings and corporate profit sharing.