Data Engineer | Brussels | 3 months | Dutch or French
Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Data Engineer - 3 months with Quarlty extension - French or Dutch.
The Master Data Management team is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced data experts in charge of:
* Defining the directions & standards to allow the company to achieve its ambitions in terms of Master Data Management
* Translating business strategies into execution and creating business cases to develop or transform capabilities supporting business units' strategies
* Defining and implement solutions (integrated processes, applications, information and technology) for business requirements, aligned with the enterprise architecture directions and guiding the delivery teams during solution implementation.
* Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures for capabilities identified within the company and that will support the various enterprise data initiatives
* For each capability, and according to MDM and IT Reference Architecture principles, develop reusable implementation mechanisms for:
* Data mastership incl. acquisition/aggregation from various sources
* Data quality
* Data life cycle
* Data auditing
* Data system extensibility, industry data integration, integration with packaged applications (Cloud, COTS) and strategic systems planning
* Use company standards programming language and tools to implement capabilities and identify new ones when required
* Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality.
* Deploy sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical method
* Develop and use large data sets to address business issues, this also encompasses the needed data set processes
* Participate in the current- and target-state data architectures.
* Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines and processes to ensure Data Architecture quality and develop best practices, tooling, methods, standards, skills, documentation.
* Collaborate with business units' stakeholders to understand their needs in terms of Data Management (eg Data scientists, etc). This also includes close collaboration with NMBS/SNCB Master Data Management Officer and Ypto Enterprise Business/Data/Application/Technology Architects.
* Engaging and building your network with external data experts to remain up to date with latest trends and technologies and identify potential impact of market trends in your tasks