Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Position: NOC Engineer II
Location: Dallas, TX
Duration: 6 months contract, potentially contract to hire
Pay: $55 - $60/hr. W2
The team consists of 5 Window Server Engineers, 2 Network Engineers and they will add this person to help bridge the 2 teams. They will need to have some knowledge of both to troubleshoot issues that arise in the NOC and on the Network. Will work with internal client business and the different branches. Will support the branches remotely so good phone skills.
- 4+ years experience with operational support troubleshooting networks and windows environments with hands on troubleshooting experience with Cisco route/switch, Palo Alto Firewalls, some Load Balancing as well as Windows Server
- Will be part of the On-Call rotation for weekly support and escalation issues (every 5-6 weeks).
- Preferred knowledge of Switches, Firewalls, and load balancing within NOC or Tier2/3 setting.
- Good experience with Cisco route, switch, Firewalls and load balancing (Citrix load balancer)
- They need to have experience with Palo Alto Firewalls as they just switched from Cisco ASA
- Must have strong Windows server 2 troubleshooting skills (VPN)
- You will take calls for both Windows and Network troubleshooting Tier 2/3 issues
- Experience troubleshooting client machines which are on Windows 7 +
- Must be able to write in Cisco-be able to apply VLANS to certain ports
- Issues are escalated from the Service Desk
- Regular working hours 8-5
- On call rotation every 5-6 weeks