PERM | ETRM Application Support Analysts - Commodity Trading - Zug, Sw
Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by Olive Delta
PERM | ETRM Application Support Analysts - Commodity Trading - Zug, Switzerland/Hamburg, Germany
Due to extensive Investment in ETRM systems global this Oil Trading company is expanding its operations in both Switzerland and Germany through a portfolio of initiatives. ETRM Application Support Analysts are required in their Zug and Hamburg offices.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level business applications support and training to users on day to day issues. Work closely with users to determine issues and propose solutions.
- Operation and problem solving of business applications including monitoring of jobs, interfaces and server functions.
- Response and resolution management of day-to-day user issues related to all types of IT systems
- Serve as a bridge between users and the business applications (development) team or the third level support (internal BAs/external party).
- Specify, design, implement, document and test business application solutions that integrate consistently into the existing IT system landscape.
- Manage changes and small projects with sound change/project management methods.
- Main responsibility is the (in-house developed) ETRM application is using.
- Working experience of 3+ years in the field of supporting, implementing and extending enterprise business applications such as packaged ERP systems, ETRM systems and/or custom software in the commodities trading or oil refining business including the following processes and functionalities:
- P & L and exposure reporting
- Pricing, mark-to-market and valuation
- Bulk logistics/operations
- Derivatives trading and Back Office
- Transaction settlement and interfacing into accounting
- Some exposure to IT projects, in different roles over the whole project life cycle.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytical and technical skills (SQL, SharePoint, basic programming) as well as a good perception of user needs and business processes.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products (especially Excel).
- Ability and willingness to learn about new technologies and extend the knowledge to different fields.
- Good English language skills (verbal & writing), German is a strong advantage.
- Proactive and customer focused make it work' mentality
- Flexibility on adapting work hours to ongoing tasks
- International travel required on case by case basis
- Can work independently and report to his/her manager
- Well organized and disciplined
- Takes ownership' of outcome and comfortable in a pressured environment