Scrum Master - CRM
Posted on Feb 4, 2020 by IT Search & Selection
This is an entry-level management role and individuals in this role will manage a small to mid-size team of IT professionals working within agile/infrastructure/or operations teams.
The role is responsible for achieving the software/solutions/services delivery commitments of the team. They work to maximize the effectiveness of the team and takes actions to increase performance of the team. They develop, mentor and coach team members while promoting and facilitating their professional development and ensures plans are in place to elevate the performance of the team. They work with product owners or other relevant partners and IT leadership to ensure that there is a steady flow of valuable solutions coming from the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for, oversees and evaluates the overall delivery of the team and acts to address issues when necessary.
- Responsible for timely delivery of a CRM project through the technical design, participation in reviewing & understanding architectural decisions, Non-functional as well as project delivery and project management
- Understand & communicate the business value of technical solutions and constraints for delivery features to business stakeholders.
- Ensures achievement program/project goals within specified cost and schedule parameters.
- Deep technical understanding to interact with a cross functional team of architect, engineers in different geographic locations
- Ensure that the team has a well-defined backlog of valuable work & removes obstacles and roadblocks that impact the performance of the team.
- Using Agile metrics and tools to understand team performance and takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Mentors, coaches, and inspires team members to higher levels of performance. Ensures development plans are focused on enhancing skills and expertise needed within the team. This includes 1-on-1 situational coaching towards results, experimentation, and learning.
- For Agile teams, works with business partners and team to translate the business strategy or roadmap into backlog items.
- For Agile teams, ensures that the team(s) apply the best software engineering practices including, but not limited to: test driven development, peer reviews, continuous integration and deployment practices, unit and regression test automation, comprehensive approach to addressing NFR, adherence to standards, comprehensive definition of done,' team retrospectives, etc.
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder; promotes same within team.
- Uses metrics and tools to understand team performance and efficiency; takes actions to improve the efficiency of the team.
- Works with their manager to ensure strong and diverse talent is in place to meet business needs and goals.
- Mentors, coaches, and inspires team members to higher levels of performance. Ensures development plans are focused on enhancing skills and expertise needed within the team. This includes 1-on-1 situational coaching towards results, experimentation and learning.
- Identifies and addresses skills gaps in the team that may impact its ability to meet business needs.
- Identifies and promotes pairing/cross training opportunities to enrich the expertise of the team and limit constraints or deficits of specific skills across the organization.
- Develops a self-organizing team (cross-functioning, partners with the business, collaborative, works quickly and unencumbered, be empowered and autonomous, be able to focus on self-improvement) and supports the management activities that make self-organization successful.
- Conducts regular reviews of each team member's plan and ensures the team member is progressing and addressing skill development needs.
- Works with colleagues to review the operation and effectiveness of resourcing programs within the organization and contributes ideas for changes and improvements as appropriate.
- May serve in a Scrum role.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of a broad range of emerging technology trends and identifies opportunities where technology might be deployed to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Bachelors degree in computer science preferred, or relevant technical experience
- Has 5+ years experience in an IT field, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Knowledge of Agile principles, with experience in leading scrums, building user stories, writing specifications, and managing team resources
- Experience with delivering mid to large scale CRM projects, working with Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce or similar is a plus
- Software development or technology background with strong knowledge of relevant technical disciplines
- Demonstrates understanding of Agile/Lean leadership principles; proficient in agile team development as well as awareness of team training opportunities
- Exhibits courage by taking smart risks and encouraging others to do so; empowers innovative approaches by motivating others to be proactive and resourceful
- Able to effectively coach and mentor, and identify and address skills needs and gaps
- Proficient in methods and techniques for running effective meetings and for understanding and influencing the roles played by participants
- Displays good interpersonal skills at all levels of contact in a wide variety of situations, demonstrating the ability to listen and influence, and to relate to customers in their own language
- Demonstrates the ability to champion change and support teams through change
- Demonstrates the ability to think critically, challenge conventional thinking, and generate and apply unique business insight to create a competitive advantage for the organization