Senior Software Engineer Real-time Decision Tools
Posted on Feb 3, 2020 by M&T Bank Corporation
, were a team of makers, doers, and builders, working to create the most advanced technology solutions in banking. Were not your stereotypical suit and tie bankers: Were an innovative team of leading tech experts, pushing boundaries, and taking risks. Were building an agile team of the most skilled and creative, workers to solve complex problems, architecting solutions, writing high-performance software, and charting our new path, all to make the lives of our customers, and the communities that we serve, better. Join us and be part of something new as we build tomorrows bank, today.
Consumer, Business and Digital Banking
We work with our retail banking, business banking, consumer lending, mortgage and digital banking businesses to define far reaching technology strategies to evolve our customer experiences, to make us easier to do business with and to deliver solutions that provide real value. This includes all core consumer deposit, loan and payment processing and servicing platforms; all core channel systems for retail branches, ATMs and call centers; custom built online and mobile banking platforms; and and marketing ecosystem capabilities.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manages and participates in the development and implementation of software for Marketing Operations Management and Campaign Automation processes and technology
- Perform detail design work for workflows, business rules, user interfaces and reports;
- Works with Business Analysts and Business Partners to provide technology inputs to implement and maintain Operations Management Workflows, including: configuring notifications; creating and modifying workflows; managing digital assets; and, managing user access
- Actively participate in the requirements, design and construction phases and ensures the successful delivery of the project from a high level technical perspective.
- Develop high level designs for converting requirements into business processes using Java and Java Enterprise (J2EE)
- Works in architecture to integrate application with internal systems; implementing APIs; configuring Web Services; etc.
- Responsible for the administrative management of software for campaign team, including: installing hotfixes and application patches; managing optimal server performance; manage Web server and application services; perform system backup and recovery; maintain NTFS files storage and access management; job scheduling; able to troubleshoot issues with the gathering and reading of system and application logs
- Maintaining configuration control of servers, application structure and database
- Design and develop user interfaces, middleware and backend application code.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of an Associate's degree and 8 years' systems analysis/application development experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 10 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 8 years' systems analysis/application development experience
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with Restful and SOAP Web Services.
- 5+ years experience with relational databases
- 5+ years experience with Web server and application server
- Prior experience recommending and implementing system solutions
- Exposure to Data Warehousing concepts
- Strong DevOps discipline in maintaining system documentation and change management
- Capable of working in an Agile development environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with vendors and offshore teams
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering and a minimum of 10 years experience in system/application development
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with full stack technologies (user interface, middleware, backend and databases)
- Java, J2EE, Spring, Multithreading, Concurrency, Collections, Design Patterns
- XML, JSON, Java Programming
- Database Programming (MS SQL, Oracle, Hadoop, Teradata)
- Windows and RedHat Linux (RHEL) OS
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- SOAP, REST, WSDL
M & T Bank is a Top 20 US bank holding company and one of the best performing and financial stable regional banks in the country, we offer our technology employees a wide range of performance-based career development opportunities. We have a strong commitment to our customers and the communities we serve, and we continue to grow with a focus on the future. So, when looking to advance your career, look to M & T. Grow with us.
Buffalo, New York, United States of America