Information Technology Trainer
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is seeking a part time Information Technology Trainer Consultant/Contractor that specifically has experience training within the Law/Legal industry for our client located in downtown Chicago. Training experience working in a medium-large Law firm is required. Our client is implementing new pieces of technology that are driving the need for training of existing attorneys, as well as the normal new hire employee training that occurs regularly. The initial assignment would be for three months, with extensions likely, and the client can foresee a schedule that is 20-30 hours a week.
The IT Trainer will provide training on the use/best practices for several software products that are utilized within the Law Firm. All of these products are commonly used throughout the Legal industry, and several are market leaders.
- 5+ years in the role of Technology Trainer, specifically within the Law/Legal industry.
- Prior experience with technical writing and the creation of software training materials and manuals for use within a corporate environment. Any experience with Adobe Captivate or similar tool is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience training on commonly used software products that are used by Law Firms.
The products SH currently uses or will be implemented are:
- Litera Litigation Companion, Contract Companion, Forte
- iManage Document Management
- compareDocs and Workshare Compare for comparing documents
- Best Authority
- MS Word
- Citrix VDI remote access
- Cisco AnyConnect VPN connectivity
The selected individual does not need to have all of these, but familiarity with similar products is acceptable.
- Utilize a combination of in-person training for employees at the Chicago location and remote/desktop sharing tools for training employees in other locations.
- Create, update, and edit manuals and training materials for new and existing software products. Any experience using a tool like Adobe Captivate or similar to take screenshots and work into user manuals would be a plus.
- 50/50 split between actual training and the writing of manuals and various training material.