Head System Engineer (Ref. Nr.: RE2673)
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by BRINE SA
BRINE SA has been placing top IT specialists at well-known customers for over 30 years. In doing so, we focus on performance, competence, experience and partnerships.
For our customer we are looking for a system engineer.
Our customer is a regulated exchange platform for crypto currencies and blockchain products, based in Zurich, Switzerland. The customer offers the trading of Bitcoin, Ether and selected payment and utility tokens. The platform is SRO/VQF regulated and aims to provide safe, high quality and transparent access to these products. The core of the offering is a multilateral issuing, investing and trading platform with established and growing links to Swiss banks and access to the best crypto storage solution in Switzerland.
To meet the needs of its customers and partner firms, they are now hiring a Head System Engineer with the potential to become Chief Technology Officer in the future. Working in a small team of professionals, this position will ensure that the firm's core offering - its issuing, investing and trading platform - is performing at the highest level and evolving with a dynamic environment. The position is based in the city centre of Zurich, Switzerland.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain and upgrade the issuing, investing and trading platform
- Technical support of clients including on-boarding
- Technical contact/responsible for the firm's service providers
- Technical contact for banks in their API connections and upgrades
- Formal qualification in System Engineering (ETH, University, High School of Applied Sciences, High School of Engineering) or equivalent working experience
- Good understanding of the concepts and experience in operating applications in a cloud service
- Know-how in API connections and Web Socket
- Understanding network set-up and operation
- Familiar with the concepts of IT security
- Fluent in English, German would be a plus
- Experience with Docker, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with Ruby programming language and open source RubyKube platform
- Experience in stress testing
- Experience in platform monitoring and monitoring automation
- Affinity for client interaction and on-boarding of new clients
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA.
Work location: Zurich
Start: Asap 21st January 2020, permanent position
Salary: to be discussed
Permit: EU permits
Ref. Nr.: RE2673
BRINE SA has been providing its IT- and SAP specialists for short-, mid- and long-term projects in Switzerland since 1985, with customers primarily active in the following market sectors:
Financial services sector, especially banks and insurance companies
Government and services sectors
BRINE SA is a stable, financially independent, Swiss enterprise with its head office in Zurich. Our services cover the entire IT spectrum, as well as interfaces to the various business sectors, and range from management- and IT-consulting through to software development and project implementation.
IT - Resources
We offer our top consultants, computer Profi's and SAP experts to our customers as external specialists for limited assignments and as well for permanent positions. BRINE SA is especially distinguished by its renowned characteristic strengths:
Short reaction time - rapid selection and supply of consultant's CVs, with skills matched to customer requirements.
Quality - we take quality very seriously, both for internal and external-facing processes, thereby convincing many customers to maintain a long-standing business relationship with BRINE SA
Coaching - BRINE SA coaches and supports its consultants throughout the entire duration of the customer assignment.
BRINE SA is ISO 9001:2008 certified since 2014