Software Engineers (data)
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
For a very interesting, dynamic client we are looking for Software/Big Data Engineers. This is a perm opportunity within one of the best rated companies to work for in the Netherlands.
Location: Amsterdam area.
What will you do as a Data Engineer?
As a Data Engineer you will help us build this production grade cloud environment. You will work together with architects, data scientists and business owners to build and manage data solutions atop our cloud data lake and analytics environment. You'll be responsible for the development, implementation, test and maintenance of data products and services on Microsoft Azure. You will work closely together with various (internal) business stakeholders and data scientists. You see yourself as a developer, with relevant programming experience, and have the willingness to learn more languages if needed.
Your main activities will be:
- Identify technical needs of the organization;
- Design, implement and test cloud based data infrastructure;
- Convert data product prototypes to data products.
Your added value
As a next-generation professional you have a clear vision, courage and focus. Innovation and agile working are an absolute priority. You improve yourself every day so that you can be the best. You are introspective and resilient. You believe that creating a good atmosphere is essential for a successful, respectful and welcoming workplace. We are still a small team so we'll be looking for a real 'click'/connection. Your natural approachability enables you to connect with people. You are passionate about your work, and are curious and open to new developments, with a mindset keyed to possibilities and opportunities. If you meet the below requirements, then we look forward to receiving your application!
- You have perseverance, curiosity and a data-driven mindset. Quitting on problems is no option and you deal with set-backs;
- We believe in BSC, MSc or PhD degrees;
- You have production experience in building data products, data pipelines, configuration management, CI/CD flows and know how to implement them ideally in Microsoft Azure. Brownie points if you have deployed machine learning models in production;
- You're analytical and a content expert in Data Engineering work field (ie, you know which techniques to apply to problems at hand and to structure the approach accordingly);
- You are well versed in at least one of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java;
- You are confident in the following technologies relevant for processing and scheduling streaming and batch workloads: Spark, Hive, Airflow. Kafka is a plus. Azure specific services such as DataFactory and EventHubs are a plus;
- You are comfortable working within a microservice architecture (ie, Kubernetes, Docker);
- You are fluent in English and can explain your work to a non-technical audience.
If you are hungry for a challenge, and would like to join a like-minded, always curious, and skilled team - let's chat.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.