Operations (OPS) Engineer
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by Gazelle Global Consulting
Operations (Ops) Engineers
A fantastic opportunity for 2 Operations (Ops) Engineers who enjoy working in an energetic and dynamic environments. This is perfect for those and are always pushing themselves to learn new skills, tech and processes. A financial organisation, who's innovations have made them true market leaders.
Contract duration for 18-24 months, located in in South Amsterdam.
Job description and responsibilities:
- Responsible for availability, performance, security, and life cycle management of the applications, Linux, Oracle databases, MS Windows Server, SQL Server, Citrix, Middleware, and infra
- Take proactive action in investigating Security requirements. Define necessary work to be done, and carry out (also documentation).
- Carry out upgrades and clean installs, remove redundant databases, carry out patching, analyse capacity issues, structure processes eg using version control, run scripts
- Take a lead role in the migration of whole platform with all its components into the ING Private Cloud (IPC)
- Responsible for managing and carrying out all deployments on the Production and Acceptance environments
- Align with ING Infra and ING Private Cloud departments where needed, eg about keeping Service-Now and CMDB in line with infra changes, patches, memory/CPU allocation, backup and restore, disaster recovery testing, security event monitoring
- Coordinate user management of the applications
- Coordinate and carry out standard IT security test procedures driven by regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 5 years in application management, operations or infra roles, dealing with applications, Oracle and SQL Server databases, Linux, MS Windows Server, Middleware, and infra
- Pro-active and hands-on attitude, learns quick
- Educated and capable to understand elaborate English security policy documents
- Able to keep oversight of complex processes in a constantly changing environment, and/but deliver results
- Team player
- Strong "business sense": you have strong analytical skills and are willing to learn and understand business requests. Doing so, you develop new insights and drive towards actionable results
- You communicate and align with a wide array of global stakeholders in a natural way. You are able to peel down technical problems, and explain root causes and work-around instructions to the business. You are fluent in Dutch and English
- In exceptional occasions if the team request you to, you are willing to work or be stand-by outside business hours
- Bachelor or Master degree
Understanding of, or at least interested in the following:
- Deployment processes in CDaaS and cloud environments
- IT Security
- An Agile/Scrum way of working.
Get in touch now to apply.
Not for you? Any recommendations/referrals would be greatly appreciated.