DevOps and Cloud Engineer - Global Financial Organisation - Prague - €
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
A contract position, as a DevOps and Cloud Engineer, with a daily rate of over €280, plus a modern office layout, including an innovation lab and casual attire, located in the centre of Prague.
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years' experience in System Engineering in highly critical environments.
- Experience in ELK, TIK stack.
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Experience in Web & application Servers/Proxy (Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy).
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (eg, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform).
- Be able to take responsibility and deliver results under time pressure.
- Be able to learn and fail fast.
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Kafka, Consul, Sparc, Hadoop, CheckMK, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Mongo, CheckMK in a context of Everything as Code
- Understanding and/or experience with DevOps and SRE.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages Python/Go/Java
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated.
- Understanding of Serverless, Microservices architecture.
- Experience in continuous integration (eg Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis).
Working with a world renowned financial organisation, we are looking for highly motivated, solution-oriented DevOps and Cloud Engineer to be actively involved in an exciting new project.
- Full stack responsibility of Energy infrastructure and applications including troubleshooting.
- Operate Energy Monitoring stack with Ansible/Terraform/AWS including capacity and performance management, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Deployment and support of internally developed applications as well as third party software within the production environment.
- Assist integration of Kafka & Consul clusters monitoring into our Energy Monitoring stack and develop preventive maintenance.
- System - (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity- and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities.
- Take part in Automation/Containerization/Cloudification/Serverless projects.
- Operation includes early/late shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 1-2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected).
Please only apply if you have the eligibility to work in the Czech Republic.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!