HGV Forecourt Services Engineer
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by Adler & Allan
Location: Brize Norton / South West Region
Salary: Dependent on experience and knowledge
Hours of Work: Between 6am-5pm, hours depending on work and location
About the Company:
The Adler and Allan Group provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting out customers at the heart of what we do, and we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, this role could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
About the HGV Forecourt Services Engineer Role:
The postholder is required to operate any Company vehicle for which they are suitably qualified to undertake, including HGV. As the duties of this post constitute those of a professional driver, all operation of Company vehicles must be undertaken in a safe manner and fully compliant with all relative law and legislation. Driving is not the primary job role therefore the successful candidate will not always be deployed as a driver and will be required to undertake duties associated with that of Forecourt Services Engineer, operating as part of a team, working alongside other Engineers, fulfilling works for major oil companies & independent customers. The post holder will be required to contribute to the operation of numerous departments within the Forecourt Services team, including testing, specialist tank maintenance, drainage and any other department as requested. The post holder will be required to identifying root causes of problems and provide customers with long term solution. The duties of this post include a high degree of manual work.
The hours of work associated with this post are flexible, between 6am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. It is expected there will be a degree of flexibility to suit the needs of the business. This will include the need for the postholder to stay away overnight. Participation in a call out rota is required, and possible weekend working may be required to fulfil client requirements.
HGV Forecourt Services Engineer Responsibilities:
* Operating Company vehicles including HGV & ADR class vehicles or any other vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
* Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
* Compliance with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
* Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified. The postholder will be required to complete vehicle defect report in such circumstances.
* Operating independently, or as part of team to perform and deliver service to all customers of the Company. This will include for example, tank and line testing, drainage, VR testing and tank dewatering. This is not an exhaustive list. Onsite training will be provided.
* Respond and react to call outs for critical issues.
* To satisfy the duties of a site supervisor/lead operative when the occasion is presented. This will include attending site briefings as a company representative and on occasion, act as team leader.
* Carry out near miss & potential incident reporting. In-house training will be provided.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Maintain a clean vehicle and ensure all equipment, tools, PPE and other work items are in good order and repair and available for use at all times. The postholder is expected to inform supervision as soon as any damage is identified.
* Completion of all works in a timely manner; this includes all paperwork and submission to supervision.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Any other duties for which the postholder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
HGV Forecourt Services Engineer Requirements:
* Possess relative licence categories CE to operate and control HGV/ADR including tanks, vehicles including static and articulated vehicles (Essential)
* Full & Clean UK Driving Licence with categories to operate company vehicles up to 3.5 tonne (Due to the travel associated with this role)
* Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation onsite
* Experience working in a similar environment in a role involving a high degree of manual labour
* Demonstrate a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the Forecourt Services team in supplying a service to customers
* Experience dealing with a variety of customers, with good communication skills
HGV Forecourt Services Engineer Benefits:
* Free onsite parking
* Pension scheme
* Refer a friend scheme
* Company awards with prizes
* Regular opportunities for training and development
* 21 days holiday + bank holidays
* Progression opportunities
* Competitive salary, negotiable depending on experience and qualifications
* All uniform/workwear provided
* Specialist and power tools provided
We are seeking to appoint an experienced individual who can make an immediate contribution to the team and wider group wishing to develop a career with the Company. If you feel you have the skills, personality and experience, please apply today!
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£18k - £22k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£23k - £35k Annual