Senior Programme Manager, Sustainable Transport
Posted on Feb 1, 2020 by Acre
We are now engaged in finding a Senior Programme Manager - English Transport, a role which will play an integral part in the future of the EST, its strategic direction and lead innovation in sustainable transport across England to set an example for best in class practice globally.
In this strategic role, you will lead the Sustainable Transport Team, reporting to the Head of Transport. You'll be responsible for managing teams working across multiple international programmes and have extensive experience of working with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
* Managing and overseeing all transport programmes in England
* Leading the day-to-day relationships, such as with the Department for Transport (DfT) to maintain and develop strategic partnerships
* Leading the English Transport Team
* Engaging with the C-suite and board level colleagues and contacts with a commercial outlook and the gravitas to contribute and influence
* Working in a collaborative, creative environment, with a smart and determined team of passionate individuals with a common vision to reduce the impact of climate change
You will be responsible for a budget of 6million and take accountability for up to 20 members of staff in the English transport team.
* Proven senior programme management experience
* Experience of working in the transport industry ideally in relation to sustainable transport with a focus on Fleet Vehicles
* Track record of identifying and developing new opportunities and workstreams
* Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to motivate, challenge and develop a multi-skilled team
* An understanding of sustainable transport, and its role in helping the DfT meet its carbon reduction and air quality targets
This is an exciting role which will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to make an enormous contribution towards the Energy Saving Trust's vision to lead innovation in sustainable transport. If you would like to learn more, please apply.