JOB TITLE: ESG CHAMPION (Environmental, Social, and Governance)
Principal responsibilities will include:
• Crafting specific ESG policies and considering how resilience & climate change adaptation can be incorporated into the overall investment strategy and management of property assets.
• Assessing how sustainability is achieved and measured across property refurbishment and development projects.
• Helping the creation of a corporate policy for sustainability and measuring our carbon footprint.
• Supporting external communication to investors and stakeholders on FRE's ESG performance and credentials.
• Overseeing the collection and review of environmental data from property managers, asset managers and tenants and engaging on the monitoring, reporting and analysis of data.
• Further developing FRE UK's understanding of emerging ESG issues and (working alongside FRE's global consultants (Quinn & Partners) assisting in the further development of relevant policies both at fund and corporate level.
• Maintaining an understanding of international best practice on ESG management to ensure that FRE's ESG policies and procedures remain best-in-class.
• Assist with GRESB submissions.
The candidate will need to have strong ESG experience, preferably gained in an investment management business or real estate firm. This role would suit an individual who has had previous consultancy experience but now wishes to work for one business on a flexible basis of three to five days a week.
The successful individual will need to understand FRE UK business' aims and objectives. The successful candidate will also need to work closely with the ESG consultants to the broader Fiera Real Estate business.
Alongside relevant experience, the candidate should have:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to improve sustainability performance by influencing effectively across a range of stakeholders
• Project management experience and examples of delivering impactful sustainability initiatives ideally within the built environment.
• At least degree level qualification in a relevant subject.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and contribute to an entrepreneurial, agile and collegiate culture and to make your mark on the FRE business in the UK and potentially internationally.
By negotiation for the right candidate based on experience. A 25-day holiday allowance will be available for a full working week and will be pro-rated to reflect a shorter week.
The role will be based at Fiera Real Estate's London office in Mayfair, London, W1S 3AE.
The candidate will be required to work as part of an existing operational team across the FRE business. The candidate will report directly to the COO in the UK.
Candidates will be contacted directly if successful to interview.