Data Center Specialist
Posted on Jan 30, 2020 by Morson International (IT)
Senior Data Center Specialist
- Assist in the design, architecture, implementation, security and support of data center environments and solutions
- Assist with development of future state Data Center systems and designs
- Perform capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing)
- Assist in the implementation of industry best practices for data center engagements
- Act as an expert for data center projects
- Execute industry best practices in data center deployments, integration, testing, and packaging of infrastructure documentation and application solutions
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT
- Minimum 4 years of relevant education (master or equivalent) after the secondary school Minimum experience requirements:
- Minimum 9 years of relevant professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner
- Experience working extensively with different Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as Cisco, Brocade, Checkpoint, IBM, EMC, HP, Bull, NetApp, and Dell in implementing Solutions for Networks, Security, Storage, Backup and Compute Infrastructure
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on-experience related to Data Centres.
- In depth knowledge of technologies related to racks, business continuity/disaster recovery
- In depth knowledge of capacity planning (power, cooling, rack spacing) practices
- In depth knowledge of patching and cabling installations.
- Familiar with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/Windows virtualisation and _Infrastructure As A Service_ architecture
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Experience in project and task planning
- Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English is required