Posted on Jan 30, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
£55-85k | Leeds | WFH 2 days per week | Bonus + benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Scrum Master to join a leading consultancy specialising in large-scale digital transformation projects for the UK public sector.
As a Scrum Master, you'll be responsible for leading an agile team to deliver high quality solutions that meet client and user needs, getting the best from your team by creating a positive and creative culture and a productive working environment. You'll empower and support your team to perform well, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with company values.
Please note: all candidates must be comfortable with travel as you'll be on client sites around the UK Tuesday-Thursday with the option to work from home Monday and Fridays.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Establish ways of working to enable an agile team to plan, forecast and deliver against a product backlog.
- Act as a role model for collaborative behaviours, agile values and professionalism.
- Lead retrospectives and continuous improvement initiatives; applying previous knowledge, experience and industry best practices in agile delivery.
- Coach and mentor team members to develop their skills, ensuring all team members have clear goals, receive regular feedback and have timely and constructive appraisals.
- Actively manage the performance of team members, including the stewardship of improvement plans where necessary.
- Provide data, forecasts and progress updates to inform planning initiatives.
- Facilitate workshops and discussions to understand and effectively capture requirements to achieve a joint understanding of needs.
- Establish and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensure stakeholders can access current and accurate data on the status of the team's delivery and that technical quality standards are followed.
- Support the Delivery Manager in ensuring projects deliver the agreed outcomes within budget.
- Be highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
Skills & Experience:
- Persuasive and effective communicator with strong negotiating skills.
- Possess a solid understanding and strong practical experience of agile delivery in software development projects.
- Evidence of leading continuous improvement initiatives.
- Evidence of mentoring and coaching others to develop their skills and managing the performance of team members.
- Experience of facilitating workshops and discussions.
- Ability to forge effective working relationships with stakeholders.
- Considerable experience in a relevant technical environment.
- Maintain effective and efficient delivery from your team during periods of remote working.
- Good understanding of technology, digital services and trends.
- Have experience of working with user research, design and data analytics expertise.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness, particularly in client-supplier and multi-supplier environments, and an appreciation of project-level financials.
- Understanding of a range of planning and reporting methods common to project delivery.
- Scrum Master or similar Agile delivery certification.
- Previous consultancy experience
- Experience in the UK Public Sector (preferably central Government)
This is a fantastic opportunity a well-established and high-growth company and my client is able to move quickly for the right Scrum Master.
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT ( (see below) ) or apply now for immediate consideration.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £52k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£37.5k - £37.5k Annual