O365 Migration Consultant - Part time - Edinburgh
Posted on Jan 30, 2020 by T.C.M
An opportunity has arisen for a Migration Consultant to come on-board to work with a financial services provider, supporting a Microsoft Office 365 (O365) implementation. Currently, the organisation's approx. 4,000 user base uses Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2016. In parallel to the rollout of a Windows 10 upgrade, the O365 implementation will provide users from five offices with access to Microsoft's O365 Pro Plus suite of apps (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint and Teams). As well as staying current with the latest Microsoft product offerings and support, through O365, the organisation seeks to leverage benefits in collaborative working, document storage and control, information security and data leakage prevention. The O365 rollout is a critical part of the client's plan to comply with GDPR.
You must be prepared to travel and spend time away from home to support the O365 rollout at multiple office locations in line with the programme needs. The role will be primarily based in Edinburgh but will include travel between London, Witham, Peterborough and Lytham. Accommodation and travel expenses, for locations other than Edinburgh, will be reimbursed.
- Collaboratively working with the O365 team to plan the implementation approach of the rollout, ensuring minimal operational impact;
- Collating user requirements from key stakeholders in order to prepare migration plans and timescales of delivery;
- Work through user specifications and develop solutions in line with project delivery requirements;
- Work closely with all stakeholders and departments to ensure that project and service delivery meet user expectations;
- Providing PMO support; composing status report updates for weekly SteerCo;
- Update and maintain Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log and Issue Register;
- Support Delivery Lead with overseeing project budget;
- Documentation and handover to BAU.
- Strong IT problem solver with excellent team working mentality;
- Experience of project management using AGILE or PRINCE2 methodology for medium to large sized projects;
- Previous project experience of an O365 rollout working within challenging deadlines;
- Highly proficient IT skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project;
- Excellent written/oral communication skills for reports and presentations;
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.