Site Reliability Engineer - Permanent - Dublin - €85,000 + 10% bonus +
Posted on Jan 30, 2020 by ITR Partners Limited
Are you a problem solver who loves to figure out how something works? Are you a CI/CD Engineer who loves all things automation? Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can? Then read on, this is the role for you...
You will join the Business Operations team of a global payments giant, who are leading the DevOps transformation for the business. They need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. You will have experience working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships.
You will focus on building the CI/CD pipeline and leading DevOps automation and best practice across the business.
- Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher environments through validation and operational gating, and lead DevOps automation and best practices.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover
Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
- Share knowledge and mentor junior resources.
- Technically competent in Java, Unix/Linux and database technologies
- Strong experience leveraging Jenkins or Gitlab to implement CI/CD automation.
- Excellent, general IT skills
- Experience with a track record in supporting large and complex applications within high availability/high volume environments.
- Must be able to work individually or within a team to ensure internal and external SLA's are met.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also required for this role.
- Experience within payments processing systems or finance/banking industry.
- Experience in supporting applications using different languages and/or character sets.Ideally you will also have experience of working within process driven environments - ITIL.
- Knowledge and understanding of DevOps technologies
- Testing experience
Permanent - Dublin
€85,000pa + 10% bonus + 13% pension + 1 or 2 days remote
If you are interested please do hit apply!