O365 Technical Remediation Consultant - Part Time - Edinburgh
Posted on Jan 30, 2020 by T.C.M
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Remediation Consultant to come on-board to work with a financial services provider, supporting a Microsoft Office 365 (O365) implementation.
Currently, the organisation's approx. 4,000 user base uses Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2016. In parallel to the rollout of a Windows 10 upgrade, the O365 implementation will provide users from five offices with access to Microsoft's O365 Pro Plus suite of apps (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint and Teams). As well as staying current with the latest Microsoft product offerings and support, through O365, the organisation seeks to leverage benefits in collaborative working, document storage and control, information security and data leakage prevention. The O365 rollout is a critical part of the client's plan to comply with GDPR.
You must be prepared to travel and spend time away from home to support the O365 rollout at multiple office locations in line with the programme needs. The role will be primarily based in Edinburgh but may include travel between London, Witham, Peterborough and Lytham. Accommodation and travel expenses, for locations other than Edinburgh, will be reimbursed.
- The Technical Remediation Consultant will be responsible for ensuring User Developed Applications (UDAs) are transitioned from the current environment to the new O365 environment seamlessly. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaboratively working with the TORI team to plan the implementation approach of the rollout, ensuring minimal operational impact
- Discovery work identifying both supported and unsupported UDAs in the client's IT environment
- Formulating an approach cataloguing identified UDAs and determining appropriate solutions to ensure efficient functionality in O365 environment
- Re-engineering appropriate UDAs; designing and testing new solutions
- Documentation and handover to BAU support
- Working with a variety of stakeholders throughout the migration process, from the identification of UDAs, to UDA testing, through to the UDA functioning in the client's O365 environment.
- Strong IT problem solver with a focus on End-User Computing
- Qualified and/or sufficient experience in VBA, Excel, Windows 10, Powershell, Oracle, SQL
- Strong data analysis skills
- Previous project experience of a Migration rollout, preferably O365
- Proactive and driven individual with meticulous attention to detail
- Deadline focused with the ability to take responsibility