Infrastructure PM - Cork Ireland
Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by E-Frontiers
Due to our continued expansion plans for our Cork office, we are looking to hire an Infrastructure Project Manager who can help us further develop our strong footing in the business consulting domain.
You will come from a project management or business consulting background and ideally have at least 4 years' project management experience in large scale Infrastructure projects with cloud experience. You should be experienced in full development project life cycle implementations and have experience working with a relevant methodology and ability to manage Fixed Price engagements is preferable.
Possessing excellent facilitation, communication and presentation skills, you will have the ability to deal with all levels of a client organisation and an ability to manage scope, RAID, resources and budget delivering projects to achieve their intended business outcomes. A team player and self-motivated, you will demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos and an ability to develop strong relationships with relevant stakeholders and ensure their needs are met.
Please note that we are not in position to sponsor candidates for this role, you must have the legal right to live and work in the Rep of Ireland or the EU.
- Working with the Project Owner/Sponsor to confirm the project scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure project resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for the project
- Preparing a detailed project work-plan with associated resource requirement profile identification
- Undertaking standard RAID analysis and establishing the project governance structure and processes
- Creating, maintaining and updating a Project Initiation Document
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of the project plan to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group/Project Sponsor and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated
- Ideally 4 years of PM experience
- You will need knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- You should have excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of PRINCE 2 or PMP, familiarity with Agile methodology, an advantage
- You will have experience in driving the implementation of new Business Processes to support adoption of new technology
- Budget management, Commercial, Customer and Vendor Management experience
- Proven track record in successfully delivery fixed price engagements
- Experience in using standard Project Management and MS Office tools inc. MS Project, Excel, Word and Visio
Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies