Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by Profs4U
Are you looking to start the new decade with a new challenge? Are you a RedHat Linux Specialist with proven experience of working in and maintaining complex IT environments?
Then you could be joining the development team of one of our clients as a Linux administrator and Ansible Automation Specialist!
Our client produces complex identity solutions such as facial-recognition (biometrics) systems, passports, and identity-cards for most Dutch government departments and for various other governments around the world, therefore you will be required to pass a basic security screening which can take a couple of weeks to complete before you are able to start work, and may even be asked to travel internationally although this will not be frequent.
The department exists out of about 40 employees and has been using AGILE/SCRUM working practices for the past couple of years. Within the team there is a good collaboration, a positive feedback culture and people are being rewarded for their efforts and performances.
The main aim of this role will be to assist with the automation and modernization of the Linux estate using Ansible consisting of approximately 500 virtual Servers and to upgrade RedHat 6.x systems to version 7 or 8.
As a Linux Specialist, you will ensure that systems work optimally and are available to the test teams and international customers. You will work in an Agile/DevOps team that ensures the continuous improvement and optimal performance of our clients' proprietary software, and the availability and security of the systems it runs upon. This can also include working to handover systems to the operations teams that support the domestic systems and applications in production.
- Bachelor degree in ICT (or equivalent experience).
- At least 4 years' experience working as a Linux Specialist and experience in working with extensive and complex IT (software development) and automation projects;
- Analytic ability, stress-resistant, flexible, customer and result oriented, accurate
- Capable of working upon multiple projects and with different teams.
- Some Knowledge of Dutch and English language is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and demonstrable experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (to RHCSA or RHCE level, certification preferred)
- Knowledge and experience using Ansible to automation system build and administration tasks.
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting/programming.
- Knowledge and experience with Puppet.
- Knowledge and experience with JAVA, JBOSS, HAProxy, Certificates.
- Knowledge of RedHat Satellite package and license management.
Useful to have:
- Knowledge of Windows server 2012/6/9.
- At least 4 years of working experience in complex IT environments.
- Knowledge and experience in virtual environments (Vmware) and Open-Stack.
Are you interested? For more information you can send an e-mail or call Bert Kemner.