IT Security Manager
Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an IT Security Manager. This role is responsible for managing all of IT Security operations detective and preventative technologies such as security controls like intrusion detection/prevention, malcode detection/prevention, network access controls, web application Firewalls, web content filtering, email controls, change detection and centralized logging. This person will manage the identity and access management program as well as the vulnerability management program. This company is looking for someone who has 3+ years of experience in management as this position will have 5 direct reports.
- Manage the monitoring, administration, engineering, architectural guidance and processes/procedures for detective and preventative technologies.
- Manage the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Program, including access requests and attestation.
- Oversee and manage security projects including design, implementation and integration of new or upgraded technologies.
- Strengthen and formalize security processes both within the security team and with other supporting resources.
- Manage industry best practice guidance and security hardening guidelines for all OF technologies.
- Mandate and document necessary settings on indirect security controls such as baseline security configurations and application development security guidelines.
- Manage Threat Intelligence Program; remain current on new and emerging threats, and the implication on the OF; and recommend and implement suggestions for improving security based on research.
- Manage Vulnerability Management Program; conduct and manage internal and third party vulnerability assessments and penetration tests; and work with appropriate teams to ensure proper ratings and remediation.
- Subject matter expert on security incident response efforts; oversee all alerts and anomalies; serve as the lead for incident response research, analysis, communication, and management of forensic investigations; and conduct incident investigations both during and after business hours as needed.
- Partner closely with the Enterprise Architects, Project Managers, Infrastructure Leaders, and Application Development teams to ensure a consistent approach to security solutions in each area of responsibility and throughout the development life cycle.
- Serve as a liaison with internal and external IT audit teams, fulfilling documentation requests, developing remediation plans, and leading efforts to remediate findings.
- Manage IT Security Operations budget and resources, and participate in IT planning and project management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Professional Security Certification (eg, CISSP, GIAC, CISM) required.
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of experience in IT security related positions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in IT Security leadership.
- Demonstrated expertise in the area of information security.
- Demonstrated experience in incident response and responding to emergency situations.
- In-depth knowledge of IT security principles and technologies.
- Fundamental knowledge of.NIX (Sun Solaris, RHEL, Windows, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of web applications protocols (HTTP(s) and web services frameworks (JAVA, APACHE, .NET)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$150k - $165k Annual
$140k - $150k Annual