Senior Systems Administrator
Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client in Syracuse, New York is looking for a Sr. Systems Administrator on a 6 month contract to hire basis.
General Description of Job:
The Sr. Systems Administrator manages the daily operations of the various Windows Servers, Hardware platforms including physical hosts and SANs across multiple sites and time zones. Analyzes systems operation to maintain and improve reliability and performance. Responsible WAN and LAN operations for system analysis, maintenance of systems, provides technical guidance, makes performance recommendations, systems troubleshooting, and staff training. Position requires supporting the goals of the entire organization and helping ensure IT Services are highly available across all sites.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Management of WAN/LAN operations
- Day to day administration, monitoring and support of Active Directory and Windows systems
- Research, test, approve and apply MS security patches to ensure systems meet security requirements
- Manage and maintain VMWare 6.5 environment for virtualized Servers
- Manage and maintain SAN and NAS environments
- Manage and maintain multiple LAN environments
- Proactive management of Systems Security, and timely testing of patches for various networked equipment
- Monitor server performance and make recommendations for improvements
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for Windows Servers
- Provide assistance and guidance to other system administrators, field support and help desk staff on all windows server related issues
- Provide and update documentation as required
- Assist with the management of Group Policies and Active Directory
- Assist other System Administrators with various application and system support issues as needed
- Establish and maintain standards for software configurations on the server
- Troubleshoot all server related hardware and software problems and perform preventative maintenance as required
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field with a minimum of 5 years' experience
- Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016 and Windows 2019.
- Deep Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP Networking and LAN/WAN environments
- 5+ years' experience with Aruba/HPE Internal LAN Networking.
- 5+ years' experience with Firewalls/VPN's and WAN connectivity.
- 3+ years as administrator for multi-site environment including Active Directory and Group Policy administration, DHCP, DNS, RDS and Certificate Services.
- Experience with enterprise-class backup systems, Local Area Networks, Storage Area Networks, Network Attached Storage.
- Experience with capacity planning, performance tuning and metrics analysis.
- Experience with native and 3rd-party monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- 5+ years knowledge of VMware and other virtualization technologies.
- Excellent ability to work efficiently with internal technology collaborators and business groups.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple sites and networks.
- Attention to detail with strong communication and documentation skills.
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripting
If qualified and interested, please submit a resume and rate/salary expectations.