HR Manager (fast-track)
Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by Tamar HR
Founded in 2005, Tamar HR is a professional and innovative business consultancy working across Devon, Cornwall and Somerset. With an incredibly exciting year lined up and some interesting projects on the horizon, we are looking for an additional person to join our dedicated team.
At Tamar HR you will get the opportunity to work with some of the South West's leading entrepreneurs in organisations across a range of sectors. We specialise in working with SME's and early stage businesses that are intent on growth. We help them achieve their aspirations through their teams.
Whilst our clients are diverse we always work proactively giving the same level of attention to detail and dedication, whether the client is small or large. To achieve this, we need people from a range of backgrounds which is why we welcome applications from those who may not have previously worked in a direct HR role. Experience in an operational management capacity, an interest in employment law and a desire to work closely with senior leadership teams is often a recipe for success in our world.
We actively invest in our team members and their individual development with many of the team being sponsored to complete a Masters in Employment Law and attend training courses on personality profiling in the USA.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can quickly build on existing skills to learn to :
- Listen and understand the underlying causes and solutions to people puzzles
- Adapt quickly to varied personalities and challenge assumptions creatively
- Be practical, responsive, commercial and provide quick turnaround
- Assist in the building and development of the business client base
- Be an effective, and sought-after sounding board and coach
- Provide pragmatic HR solutions striking the balance between best practice, legal requirement and commercial need
- Sustain resilience and emotional stability in demanding situations
- Demonstrate excellent relationship building skills, be culturally aware, flexible and pragmatic
- Create an environment where team members are encouraged to share new ideas, learn from mistakes and are supportive of each other's strengths and development needs
- Be accurate with detail and see tasks through to completion
To be successful you'll need to possess:
- Competence in self-managing a varied and demanding workflow
- Natural communication skills with the capacity to listen and read body language
- Energy and enthusiasm to work flexibly and autonomously
- Full UK driving licence
Whilst we will assist you to develop the following skill sets it would be great if you have experience or understanding of:
- Management coaching and leadership development
- UK Employment Law
- Training delivery skills
- Business Environments
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is looking for a fast-track entry into the HR world. The appropriate candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced consultancy environment. We encourage our whole team to have a say in the business and direction of projects.
Does this sound like you? If so ….
Please apply via email by clicking APPLY NOW and attaching your CV and a covering letter outlining why you feel you would be a great addition to our team.
If you still need to be convinced, feel free to take a look at our website:
Please note that this an employed, office-based position with travel required to client sites across South-West England.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on 10 th February 2020, although we don't like to hang around so applications will be reviewed as soon as we receive them.