Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a international consultancy, we are looking for an ETL Engineer for a long term project at Swiss Bank in Zurich, Switzerland.
- Sector: Banking via consultancy
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
- Duration: Long term project starting off with 12 months
One of our clients, a traditional Swiss banking institute, wants to build up a data warehouse solution hosted on-site. This is a multi-year initiative based in Zurich starting in March 2020.
We are looking for an ETL Engineer to work in our team of Architects, Business Analysts, ETL Engineers, DB Engineers, Informatica PowerCenter Specialist and Quality Assurance Engineers. ETL/DB Engineers and Informatica PowerCenter Specialist will be in charge of designing and feeding a highly performant data warehouse solution. The ETL Engineer is expected to have good experience in ETL in general/with Informatica PowerCenter as well as Oracle.
- design and implement (technical) data models
- develop and maintain ETL workflows and mappings
- create procedures and packages to implement data validations and data enrichments
- good overview of the entire data load process to be able to identify impacts and risks associated with changes
- test, debug and tune data integration processes
- share knowledge and work in close collaboration with the architect, the business analysts as well as the other engineers in the team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience) in a quantitative field like engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or relevant
- Good Informatica PowerCenter developer skills
- Experience with job scheduling (eg control-m)
- Hands on experience with SQL and Relational Databases, in particular with Oracle/Oracle Exadata
- Flair for developing stable and performant solutions
- Experience with Data Validation & Data Cleansing
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles and best practices
- Agile-minded and strong follower of Scrum and SAFe models
- Analytical approach to problem-solving with an ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; good interpersonal and communication skills
- Banking experience would be a strong plus
- Fluent in German is a must
Please apply online or contact Nadja directly.