Technical IT Project Manager | Perm €80-85K DOE | Meath/North Dublin
Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by Trilogy International
Trilogy International are working with a FinTech client based in Meath/North Dublin who are searching for a Technical IT Project Manager on permanent basis. The successful candidate will be required to work on site 5 days a week.
The Technical IT Project Manager is expected to have an appropriate and up to date level of knowledge and experience across IT Infrastructure, Development, IT Security and the Payments Industry.
The purpose of this role is to successfully deliver the technical workstreams of projects within the organisation. Providing insight and research, assisting with Functional Design, owning the Technical Design and Technical Delivery workstreams, whilst working with Project Managers, Developers, Analysts, Testers, Cyber Security Officer, Customers and Key Business and IT Stakeholders to deliver projects in accordance with timeline, budget and security/governance requirements.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Insight and Research: Supply insightful and appropriate research on Technology and the Payments Industry in general - particularly Payment Gateways, Acquiring, Processing, POS Terminal technology, eCommerce Technology and Card Schemes;
- Functional Design: Review and contribute to the Business Requirements process and assist with the production of Functional Designs and/or BRD's;
- Technical Design: Accountable - in conjunction with the IT Development Manager and/or the wider IT team - for the delivery of the Technical Design;
- Technical Delivery: Accountable - in conjunction with the Project Manager and IT Development Manager - of overseeing the Technical Delivery, including Design, Development, Testing and Implementation. This may include actively carrying out aspects of Design, Development and testing;
- Project Management: Accountable for managing the end-to-end life cycle of assigned projects. This includes Initiation, Planning, Execution, Tracking/Monitoring and Project Close activities;
- Stakeholder Management: Expected to work closely with Stakeholders across multiple areas - CTO, Commercial Director, CEO, Customers, Card Schemes, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant 3rd Level IT Qualification in IT Engineering, Software Programming, Project Management and/or related fields;
- Project Management qualification is preferable ie PMP or Prince 2;
- Minimum 4 + years prior experience as a Technical Project Manager;
- Payments Industry experience is required - working knowledge of Card Schemes, Payment Processing, Acquiring, POS Terminals etc;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels - both oral and written;
- Proven ability to produce quality Functional Design documentation/diagrams and to feed into the Technical Design process;
- Demonstrable experience of coaching, mentoring and cross-training;
- Ability to stay controlled under pressure and operate to tight timeframes;
- Must be flexible to changing working conditions and willing to go the extra mile' to resolve issues as and when required;
- Excellent organisational skills and experience;
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills;
- Must be flexible to changing working conditions and willing to go the extra mile' to resolve issues and delivery to tight timelines as and when required;
Candidates must have payments experience and a valid Irish work visa to be considered for this role.
Please email your CV to (see below) to be considered for this position