IT Systems Administrator
Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by ITech Consult
IT Systems Administrator
Our client is an international life sciences company, which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. They are a world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in AgroSciences CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, they are one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
Our client is currently recruiting for 2 x IT System Administrator for their office in Dungarvan County Waterford.
The main purpose of this role is to maintain the IT infrastructure (Workstations, Servers, Networking equipment) of our client's companies in UK and Ireland and ensure its reliability and cost effectiveness. To provide third line IT and telephone support to users and act as an escalation point for the Service Desk.
* Perform on-site and remote technical support for all UK and Ireland businesses. Provide users with appropriate level of support and advice
* Adhere to KPI's and SLA's
* Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
* Perform daily system monitoring utilising tools made available
* Verify integrity and availability of all hardware
* Direct responsibility of the Servers
* Build, configuration and implementation.
* Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the Servers.
* Patch Servers with Microsoft WSUS Critical Updates
* Ensure all systems are updated with the latest Ani-Virus definition files
* Administer, Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP
* Direct responsibility of the local network:
* Participating in the definition of the infrastructure design.
* Ensure error-free and efficient implementation and functioning of the systems.
* Ensure adequate support is accessible to the users of the services.
* Configuration of LAN Switches, Firewall and Proxy Servers.
* Coordinate WAN connectivity with vendors.
* Ensure all necessary technical support is provided to all internal users and maintain users' satisfaction in the specific fields of responsibilities.
* Perform daily backup operations (where applicable)
* Ensure integrity of backup media and media is hosted off-site
* Perform regular test restores and DR testing
* The systems under responsibility are:
* Workstation and laptops.
* Files and backup Servers. (Physical and Virtual)
* Switches, Firewalls and Routers.
* Act as backup for server and storage support, including front line support on general software (MS Office and business systems).
* 10% Travel required
* On occasion weekend and evening work will be required, often at short notice
* You will be expected to respond to any P1 emergency as the business requires
* BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology, ITIL certified, Microsoft certification, Cisco certification, Experience with NetApp and VMWare
* GXP experience essential for this role
* Experience in validation and support of pharmaceutical laboratory instrumentation and systems
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar role, supporting a large organisation in a 2nd/3rd line role
* Minimum 5 years industry experience required
* Customer Orientated: Constantly working to exceed customer's expectations and handling all dealings with customers in a friendly and helpful manner.
* Quality Orientated: Continually does a quality job in accordance with regulatory, customer and organisational requirements.
* Flexible: Constantly strives to move where the organisation requires their skills to meet customer requirements.
* Organised: Plans work thoroughly, notifying and involving other areas where required.
* Problem Solving: Constant innovation and implementation of ideas to improve the company's performance.
* Productive: Results and quality of work always meets the requirements of the organisation.
* Good Communication: Open in their communication style including active listening and feedback with all personnel in the company.
* Housekeeping Awareness: Rigidly follows the company procedures for health, safety and cleanliness in the organisation.
* Teamwork: Works well in a team environment and regularly encourages teamwork throughout the organisation.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918687FK
Role: IT Systems Administrator
Location: Co. Waterford
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€75k - €75k Annual