Posted on Jan 29, 2020 by ITech Consult
DevOps Engineer - ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra
Our client is a global leader in IT operations management. With offices worldwide, their technology is focused on discovering and analysing assets across enterprises that include traditional, on-premises IT together with complex hybrid multi-cloud environments.
They are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to work as part of the DevOps team which is primarily based in our client's Dublin office.
Our client is looking to hire one candidate to work on one of their 3 core technologies; ElasticSearch, Kafka or Cassandra
* Design, build and maintain highly available ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra clusters.
* Install, administer and maintain Cassandra/Kafka at enterprise level
* Monitor, scale up/down, roll out new updates of ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra Clusters
* Conduct performance and failover testing to measure and improve platform KPIs.
* Work with ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra in several environments (on premise, AWS, GCP, Azure or Kubernetes)
* Use/Develop automation tools to automate repetitive tasks.
* Serve as a Subject Matter Expert and Level 3 technical escalation resource
* Resolve production issues including platform tuning, optimization and recovery.
* Secure ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cssandra implementation
* Interact with third party ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra professional services
* Implement observability infrastructure using Filebeat, Metricbeat, Winlogbeat, Heartbeat, Functionbeat, LogStash, ElasticSearch and Kibana - for ElasticSearch only
* Respond appropriately to emergency support situations and produce quick and effective solutions to platform technical problems under pressure.
* Participate in an on-call rotation and other duties as defined by management.
* 3rd Level Degree in Computer/engineering or related experience
* Eager to roll up your sleeves and take ownership of projects.
* Practical Experience with Infrastructure as code tools.
* Excellent attention to detail and works effectively with a fast-growing organization.
* Demonstrated ability to be flexible and take a proactive approach to manage change.
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* At least 2 years of experience with ElasticSearch/Kafka/Cassandra
* Experience in building and administering ElasticSearch platform using open source tools and command line utilities/Experience in building and administering Apache Kafka platform using open source tools like Kafka Manager, cruise-control, LinkedIn-burrow and command line utilities/Experience in building and administering Apache Cassandra platform using open source tools like Priam, Astyanax, Cassandra_snapshotter, Staash, DataStax OpsCenter and command line utilities.
* Experience in managing ElasticSearch Indices and Index Lifecycle Management(only ElasticSearch)
* Experience with log aggregation and metric collection (Only ElasticSearch)
* Operating System: Linux
* Programming logic, Shell script, Python
* Version control system: Git
* Network Protocols, with an understanding of LAN/WAN networking and communications.
Nice to Have(s):
* Experience in ElasticSearch/Kafta/Cassandra security (Encryption and Authentication with SSL, SASL, ACLs).
* Experience with Beats modules: Kubernetes, Prometheus, System - ElasticSearch/Experience in implementing best practices and optimizing Cassandra and JVM - Cassandra
* Experience with Schema Registry, Kafka connectors (source and sink) and KSQL - Kafka
* Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, GCP (1 cloud provider, AWS preferred)
* Infrastructure as Code: (Terraform preferred)
* Configuration Management Tools: (Ansible preferred)
* Container Orchestration: Kubernetes
* Helm Charts, Nginx ingress controller.
* Monitoring tools: Prometheus/Grafana
* Experience in Cassandra and/or Kafka
* Source code management: GitLab
* Project Management tools: Atlassian Jira
* Virtualization: VMWare ESXi and VSphere
Reference No.: 918773FK
Role: DevOps Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information: (see below)
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.