Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Middleware Engineer/Developer. This person is expected to be and expert with working knowledge of JBoss EAP, Tomcat, JVM, and Apache configuration and integration. This role will be expected to have expert knowledge of Scripting languages like Perl, bash, sh, and csh. This role will understand the drivers necessary in facilitating communication between the database and the applications. This role will require hands on experience in Application Server migration and upgrade projects that work with JBoss EAP, Tomcat, and Apache. This person needs experience with being in a RHEL environment.
- Implementing changes and improvements to Company business services through a mix of application Middleware configuration and engineering activities
- Identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for Company Middleware upgrade and migration efforts by reviewing release notes and hands-on analysis
- Documenting applicaton settings and configuration parameters necessary for Company applications to perform reliably and effectively
- Troubleshooting production issues within the application Middleware/development domain as needed
- Benchmarking, tuning, and functional testing of Company applications in support of upgrades and platform migrations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years of Middleware Engineering experience
- Proven success in Middleware Developer/Engineer and/or DevOps positions
- Expert working knowledge of JBoss EAP, Tomcat, JVM, and Apache configuration and integration
- Expert knowledge of Scripting languages such as Perl, bash, sh, and csh.
- Expert in technical concepts such as connection pooling, caching, transaction management, and threading
- Superior knowledge in JDBC and ODBC database clients and configuration - such as jConnect and OpenClient for ASE
- Hands-on experience in Application Server migration and upgrade projects - specifically JBoss EAP, Tomcat, and Apache
- Able to read and translate technical release notes into project tasks and dependencies for upgrade and migration efforts
- A working knowledge of Middleware support and engineering in a RHEL environment including RPM packaging and release management
- A working knowledge of version control and software repository systems and tools - specifically Subversion, Tortoise, and Nexus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$125k - $150k Annual