Senior Informatica PowerCenter Specialist
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our Client from the banking industry we are looking for a Senior Informatica PowerCenter Specialist
Duration: initial contract for 12 months, planned as a long term cooperation
Starting date: 1 March 2020
A traditional Swiss banking institute wants to build up a data warehouse solution hosted on-site. This is a multi-year initiative based in Zurich starting in March 2020.
We are looking for a Senior Informatica PowerCenter Specialist to work in our team of Architects, Business Analysts, ETL Engineers, DB Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers. ETL/DB Engineers and Informatica PowerCenter Specialist will be in charge of designing and feeding a highly performant data warehouse solution. The Informatica PowerCenter Specialists is expected to clearly have the strongest Informatica PowerCenter Skills in the team.
- design and implement (technical) data models
- develop and maintain ETL workflows and mappings
- create procedures and packages to implement data validations and data enrichments
- good overview of the entire data load process to be able to identify impacts and risks associated with changes
- test, debug and tune data integration processes
- share knowledge and work in close collaboration with the architect, the business analysts as well as the other engineers in the team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience) in a quantitative field like engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, econometrics, or relevant
- Excellent Informatica PowerCenter developer skills with at least 5 years of experience with PowerCenter, including but not limited to handling big data volumes, partitioning, complex data flows, streaming and metadata exchange views.
- Experience with job scheduling (eg control-m).
- Hands on experience with SQL and Relational Databases, in particular with Oracle/Oracle Exadata.
- Flair for developing stable and performant solutions.
- Experience with Data Validation & Data Cleansing
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles and best practices.
- Agile-minded and strong follower of Scrum and SAFe models
- Analytical approach to problem-solving with an ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Banking experience would be a strong plus
- Fluent in German is a must.
- Kindly note we only consider candidates who can start in Zürich preferably by March 1st 2020
If you have any further questions please contact: