Web Application Developer
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Harvey Nash Group
Web Application Developer
Our client is a leading global fund management provider with over 20 years in the Irish market. As part of a new initiative our client is creating a new permanent scrum team with responsibility to build and manage an entire platform service.
A core hire required as part of this scrum team is a Web Application Developer.
As a Web Application developer you will play a key role on a global programme working with Product Owners Digital and Technical teams to deliver a new technology platform to support the business.
Working alongside multiple stakeholder groups you will need to utilise your experience of working in agile delivery teams to assist with the design, definition, exploration and delivery of an end to end technology solution to service a scaling global Workplace Invesments business.
Your key accountabilities
This position requires a strong self-starter with solid technical engineering background and influencing skills, who can lead the way, assist development teams with architecture, design decisions, coding, troubleshooting and any other technical issues related to implementation of a customer facing proposition.
- You will be responsible for delivering and providing technical expertise as part of the delivery team from both design and day to day coding.
- You will be working with the product owners identify new improvements, customer requirements and follow through to delivery.
- You will ensure delivery in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Stakeholder management across various Technology and Business teams.
- Ensures that technical solutions are fit for purpose, including for functional, non-functional and support requirements and aligned to Global Technology Strategies.
- Be the trusted advisor to the business.
- Partner closely with Architecture, business and supporting central groups while working within a global team.
Your skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years' experience working as a web app dev with:
- Experience in software delivery in agile methodologies
- TDD and pair programming best practise with CI/CD pipelines
- Strong communication skills & a customer centric focus
- Ability to travel when required
- Passion for growing your skills and tackling challenging problems
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair-programming environment
- Working knowledge of APIs, caching and messaging
- Be comfortable with the Zurb Foundation framework
- Passion for working with the newest technologies, prototyping your ideas for others to see
- Knowledge of build tools
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience with mobile development:
- Understanding of Dev Ops/Automation Experience
- Linux Administration
- Continuous Integration (Hudson/Jenkins/Bamboo/TeamCity)
If you are interested in hearing more about this position please contact me on (see below)