Junior Python Quant Developer - Hedge Fund
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One is working with a data-driven global investment management firm looking for a Junior Quantitative Developer with analytical skills to join their team working out of their central London offices. Applicants must be skilled in Python development and have good Derivatives knowledge, and a background in Pricing/Risk is ideal.
They are looking for someone that is pragmatic and drives good development practices with a passion for technology a desire to learn new topics and build new systems and platforms. The successful candidate will be added to their team of highly accomplished quantitative developers, working directly with quantitative researchers to help design, implement and deploy and use software for research and trading.
Your day will consist of developing and testing through to deployment of sophisticated software solutions for automated trading systems. You will be working in collaboration with the Quantitative Research team to define strategies and deliver custom software solutions.
The ideal person for this position will have prior experience working in a data-driven research environment and be passionate about technology, software development, and mathematics.
This presents a very good opportunity for an experienced individual to progress their career within an innovative data-driven firm and participate in very important projects in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Degree in applied math, physics, engineering, quantitative finance, computer science
- Graduate degree a plus
- 2 or more years' experience with Python, C++, and standard libraries
- Derivatives experience is a MUST
- Working knowledge of finance, data storage, processing and analysis
- Advanced quantitative skills a plus
- Experience with modern software development: Version control, agile development
- Experience with requirements analysis and designing software solutions a plus
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to balance tactical work while pursuing long-term strategic projects