Video Editor - part time
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Babcox Media
Babcox Media Inc. an Akron, Ohio-based B2B print, digital and video media company with concentration in the automotive aftermarket, powersports, performance, collision, commercial fleet, transmission, engine building and tire industries, is seeking a part time Video Editor.
The video editor is responsible for supporting the video department by assisting with the production, shoot planning and execution, editing, assembling, formatting and distribution of recorded video footage that matches the customer's vision.
Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive) include:
- Assist with production of in-house video features, including:
- Custom video direction
- Video editorial/content planning
- Misc. video production responsibilities as assigned
- Setup and teardown of cameras, microphones and props;
- Aiding in the direction of talent;
- Organization and cleanup of equipment and studio space;
- Editing captured audio and video into online features;
- Acquisition of photos, videos and other images for features;
- Export and distribution of final video files;
- Assists with SEO and Social Media program for various publications;
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in media/film production or similar;
- At a minimum, 2-3 years of experience in video post-production;
- Strong technical experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Premiere Pro and Photoshop are required. Experience with After Effects and Illustrator is preferred);
- Demonstrable video editing ability, with attention to detail, timing, pacing and composition;
- Audio production experience preferred;
- Trade/industry writing experience preferred;
- Experience with video distribution services (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.), specifically the administration of accounts on such services;
- Experience with social media websites (Facebook, etc.), specifically the administration of pages and accounts on such services;
- WordPress experience a plus;
- Ability to learn industry demographics and adapt to any changes;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Proven creative skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work closely within a team environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Computer proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Mac OS X.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and video samples to Babcox Media, Inc., to the attention of Barbara Kimbrew at (see below). No phone calls please.