Backend Developer - Chicago
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Cititec Associates Limited
$130k basic + bonus/benefits
Python, Data Science, Agile, Linux, Development.
My client is a Global information, data and analysis firm operating in over 100 countries and employs over 40k people. They use cutting edge technology and industry-leading data science to tackle some of the most difficult problems in marketing science. Their methodology and proprietary approaches clients at the pinnacle of the constantly evolving media industry.
They give the retailers and manufacturers the intelligence they need to drive revenue, increase market share, optimize their marketing spend and much more. They automate their models with artificial intelligence and machine learning to produce the same quality insights as a traditional white-glove consulting engagement at unparalleled speed and scale.
They process over 250 terabytes of data every single day, manage it in the latest cloud technology, and build best-in-class analytical tools to add transparency and efficiency to the consumer goods market at a scale that no other company is able to achieve.
They're looking for passionate, analytical, innovative Software Engineers who want to figure out how to measure things in a complex world. If you have a passion for building top-notch, scalable products and have Back End experience, we're looking for you to join us in our Chicago
What would you do:
- Write code to develop scalable, flexible and user-friendly applications across the full stack of technologies
- Develop secure and highly performant services and APIs
- Use distributed computing to validate and process large volumes of data to deliver insights
- Evaluate technologies we can leverage, including open-source frameworks, libraries, and tools
- Ensure the maintainability and quality of code
They are looking for people with:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 - 5 + years of software development experience as a Back End developer
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and designing for performance, scalability and availability
- Strong knowledge and working experience on Python, Hadoop and Shell Scripting
- Good knowledge and experience in Azure
- Good experience working in Airflow
- Good experience in designing and building multithreaded distributed systems
- Experience in agile software development practices and DevOps
They are based in the heart of Chicago, surrounded by the corporate feel of the city. Its a short 5/10 minute walk to Grant Park overlooking Monroe Harbour with the nearest subway stations being LaSalle Street or Union Station.