Technical Sales Engineer/Pre-Sales - London FinTech - C#/Python/Java/A
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Callum James Consulting Ltd
Would you like to work for rapidly growing FinTech based in London's Shoreditch, committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace offering a direct route to a financial stake in the company via their fantastic share options scheme?
If you like the idea of working in a supportive environment surrounded by intelligent and interesting people, mixing in with both experienced and blossoming minds, and being in a team that cares about its cause then read on - my client are good fit!
What they do
My client has raised substantial investment in their company which has allowed them to build an industry changing open cloud-native platform designed to for the whole investment management industry from start-up hedge fund managers to global investment institutions.
The platform will help Hedge Funds, Asset Managers and other Investment firms liberate themselves from the limitations of their data systems so they can reduce the cost of investing and increase transparency for everyone.
The platform's key feature is that it's an API first platform - users can build whatever they want over it or use plug-ins that service providers offer into the platform. This APU - first and open approach lets customers integrate the platform to suit their business needs and encourages innovation from a community of third-party developers.
The Technical Sales Engineer/Pre-Sales Engineer will be working alongside their sales team to deliver technical presentations and explaining the product to prospective clients, as well as playing an active part in client RFPs and Proof of Concepts.
You will work with clients to provide technical advice and work with their technical teams to seamlessly integrate the platform into their workflow.
As well as creating client and developer documentation, you will also be working closely with the Product Team to help create a positive on-boarding experience for the client.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate who enjoys taking ownership of issues and enjoys working closely with and building relationships with clients.
Experience & skills required:
They want to hire people who are genuinely excited about what they are doing and have the capability and willingness to grow and learn from their colleagues.
For this role you will also need:
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Development/Programming/Software Engineering experience
- Experience of writing code in C#, Python or Java, API's
- Computer Science degree or similar technical qualification would be advantageous
- Broad technical understanding (eg API, Software, SaaS, Cloud, SQL, Java, .net, c#, Python)
- Pre-Sales/Sales Engineering experience OR the ambition and skill set to move into this role
- Experience working in a FinTech or Financial Services firm is advantageous but not essential. They will look at people from outside the financial industry with the right skills and attitude.
- A competitive salary, flexible depending on experience
- A direct route to a financial stake in the company via their discretionary Options scheme
- Great offices in the heart of Shoreditch
- Flexible working hours/opportunities
- Regular social events so you can get to know the people you're working with
- A great pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
How they support employees
- You will have regular meetings with your manager and receive regular feedback from them.
- During your first 3 months with us, you and your manager will agree a 90 day plan to document your training and induction so that you have clear objectives and are provided with support in areas that you require it the most.
- Daily stand ups will allow you to quickly understand what your colleagues are working on and share your accomplishments and challenges with your team.
- Monthly company-wide meetings where you will receive regular business updates and insight into our business strategy.
- Regular knowledge sharing sessions where employees share best practice and new ways of working.
If you would like to understand more about this opportunity please apply with your CV.