Java DevOps, Global Bank, Zurich
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client, a Global Investment Bank is currently looking for a Java Developer (DevOps) for an initial 12 months with a high possibility of long term extension to join their Zurich offices.
As an experienced Java Developer with a Dev Ops profile, you will work with IT developers to facilitate better coordination among operations, development, and testing functions by automating and streamlining the integration, deployment and testing processes.
The role involves:
* Working with the Environment Management to automate build, packaging and deployment process for production deployments for new modules, upgrades and fixes within the production environment.
* Making modules ready for production, which entails moving them according to specific procedures and documenting knowledge transfer.
* Create requirements and procedures for implementing routine maintenance.
* Troubleshooting existing information systems for errors and resolving those.
* Research and development of new cross-asset platform based on our strategic trading trade management system
* Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to grow the agile development environment
* Collaborating with developers to make sure new environments meet requirements and conform to best practices
The successful incumbent will possess experience and knowledge in environment management and configuration management solutions, service discovery, and be able to work on application readiness for being on boarded onto containers/cloud. Proven track record of developing enterprise, multi-tier applications in particular web services, Client Server and Server Side application programming that also include data management aspects in Java 8 or above (core Java). Wide knowledge in operating system administration, programming languages and cloud platform deployment. Profound knowledge in various Scripting languages, system & server administration and mass system deployments. Experience in test automation (unit, integration, acceptance tests etc.). Experience working in a complex heterogeneous IT infrastructure environment.
Experience working in Agile methodology. Very good understanding of Object-oriented design and programming. Experience with all phases of the software/system life cycle process
Desired skills include:
* Deep knowledge about Spring framework suite: Core, Boot, Caching,
* experience in working with distributed, highly available transaction processing systems
* experience with Cassandra (or custom big data)
* experience with Kafka
* experience with service discovery engines (Consul, Spring Cloud or custom solutions)
* experience in EIP (Spring integration or Apache Camel)
* experience in BDD (JBehave or Cucumber)
If the opportunity seems interesting for you, do not hessitate to apply or email me
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.