Security SIEM Engineer
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Spencer Rose Ltd
SIEM Engineer, £450p/d, based in Reading.
You will be required to create new detection use cases for the SIEM platform, taking into account all of the Security Technologies deployed throughout the Client, as well as fine tuning the existing detection use
cases to lower the amount of false positive alerts whilst increasing the alert fidelity for the Cyber Security Operations team.
In addition,you will be on boarding new log sources to the SIEM platform as new infrastructure is introduced and productionised.
You should be able to demonstrate working knowledge of, and be comfortable with the following technologies:
- QRadar SIEM
- Carbon Black Defence or Response
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Azure
- Google GSuite
- Experience of contributing to delivery of Cyber Security projects and/or programmes
- Experience with QRadar or other SIEM tooling
- Experience with EDR products such as CarbonBlack
- Experience with SOAR products such as Demisto
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate technical knowledge to non-technical/business audience; production of policies/standards/project
- Appropriate level of technical knowledge, hands-on experience of configuring security tools including (but not limited to) SIEM and EDR.