Citrix/Systems Engineer - Citrix XenApp, Netscaler, Gateway, VMware, M
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Mercator IT Solutions
Citrix/Systems Engineer - Citrix XenApp, Netscaler, Gateway, VMware, Microsoft, AD, SCCM
My customer requires a Citrix/Systems Engineer to play a leading role in completing the deployment and handover to support of a 1200 user Citrix XenApp and Netscaler (ADC) environment.
Work with operational teams to deploy, maintain and support services on an HP Converged Infrastructure running primarily VMware and Microsoft Server.
- Complete Citrix Xenapp and Netscaler (ADC) deployments
- Handover to operations of Citrix including the implementation of best-practice operational procedures and technical knowledge transfer.
- Create and maintain technical documentation as required (Knowledge Articles and Work Instructions etc).
- Plan and carry out the deployment of system software upgrades.
- Proactively monitor IT components and plan/execute remedial actions to ensure SLAs/KPIs are met.
- Manage IT Incidents to ensure prompt service restoration and SLA/KPI adherence.
- Manage IT Problems to ensure root causes are identified and remedial actions implemented.
- Provide technical input to the planning and delivery of operational change projects.
- Work with operational teams to deploy upgrades to business systems.
- Manage Service Requests to fulfilment.
- Implement technical changes following the Change Management process to ensure risk is managed and appropriate testing completed.
- Assist in the organisation and testing of the ICT business continuity plans.
Demonstrable experience of the following:
- Working in an enterprise ICT environment
- Citrix XenApp
- App-V Application Packaging and Deployment via Citrix XenApp
- Citrix ADC (Netscaler): Load Balancing and Reverse Proxy
- Citrix Gateway
- Windows Server 2
- Microsoft Remote Desk Services (RDS)
- Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- VMware vCentre
- ITIL: Incident, Problem and Change Management
Knowledge of some or all of the following:
- HP Hardware including Converged Infrastructure/Blade Servers/3PAR SAN
- VMware including DRS & SRM
- Windows 10 Deployment and Servicing
- IGEL Client Device Deployment and Management
- Microsoft SQL Server (including AAG)
- Microsoft System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft System Centre Endpoint Protection (SCEP)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Microsoft Yammer
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Enterprise Backup software (CommVault)
- Linux (Red Hat/SUSE)
- Oracle Databases
- Check Point Endpoint Security
- Enterprise Vault
- Trustwave Technologies
- Local and wide area networking (switching and Firewall technologies).
- Remote working and wireless technologies.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- IP Telephony
- Project Management Methodologies: PRINCE
- Local Authority/Council Experience
- Awareness of the security principles required by PSN, PCI-DSS, and HSCN
- Understanding of IT delivery in and outsourced environment
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business