OpenShift and DevOps Engineer - Global Financial Organisation - Prague
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by SKILLFINDER INTERNATIONAL
A contract position, as an OpenShift and DevOps Engineer, with a daily rate of over €280, plus a modern office layout, including an innovation lab and casual attire, located in the centre of Prague.
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years' experience in System Engineering in highly critical environments.
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (eg, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform).
- Be able to take responsibility and deliver results under time pressure.
- Be able to learn and fail fast.
- Groovy, Python, Ansible, and Shell Scripts
Working with a world renowned financial organisation, we are looking for highly motivated, solution-oriented OpenShift and DevOps Engineer to be actively involved in an exciting new project.
- Strong implementation and administration skills for RedHat(-like) environments with hands-on experience on Linux environments and virtualization/containerized environments and troubleshooting skills.
- Integrate components and develop services on top of OpenShift to facilitate minimal developer friction with platform and encourage automation.
- Manage the container platform ecosystem (installation, upgrade, patching, monitoring)
- Diagnose and Troubleshoot Kubernetes/OpenShift related problems
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
- Actively participate in the release orchestration for containers.
- Write Groovy, Python, Ansible, and Shell Scripts to automate and integrate with other projects, and automate existing manual flows
- Assist in the design, build, management and operation of the continuous delivery framework and tools(Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, GitHub), and act as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for developer teams.
- Assist application and development teams in transitioning containers from Legacy/monolithic type environments
- Work on finalizing functional requirements and co-deliver with application administration team to architect, design, develop, test, and release features.
- Contribute to and support the corporate Enterprise Container Strategy by Identifying ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommend changes in policies and procedures
- Create next-generation application platform automation solutions based around containers and container orchestration using technologies such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Red Hat Ansible Automation, Docker, and Kubernetes
Please only apply if you have the eligibility to work in the Czech Republic.
For further information about this truly exciting opportunity and for an immediate interview, please get in touch without delay!