Lead JBOSS Middleware Engineer
Posted on Jan 28, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Company is currently seeking a Lead JBOSS Middleware Engineer. Candidate will have a thorough understanding of Middleware and application engineering and integration for the systems. Candidate will collaborate with the IT Operations, IT Networking and Security, and Application Development teams in aspects of application design, development, and implementation. The Middleware Engineer is expected to support the continued improvement of deliverables, and will be called upon to assist with implementation beyond the conceptual/planning stages and serve as a key technical resource throughout the implementation life cycle.
- Implementing changes and improvements to Company business services through a mix of application Middleware configuration and engineering activities
- Identifying all dependencies and subsequent tasks necessary for Company Middleware upgrade and migration efforts by reviewing release notes and hands-on analysis
- Documenting application settings and configuration parameters necessary for Company applications to perform reliably and effectively
- Troubleshooting production issues within the application Middleware/development domain as needed
- Bench-marking, tuning, and functional testing of Company applications in support of upgrades and platform migrations.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of Middleware Engineering experience
- Proven success in Middleware Developer/Engineer and/or DevOps positions
- Expert working knowledge of JBoss EAP, Tomcat, JVM, and Apache configuration and integration
- Expert knowledge of Scripting languages such as Perl, bash, sh, and csh.
- Expert in technical concepts such as connection pooling, caching, transaction management, and threading
- Superior knowledge in JDBC and ODBC database clients and configuration such as jConnect and OpenClient for ASE
- Hands-on experience in Application Server migration and upgrade projects specifically JBoss EAP, Tomcat, and Apache
- Able to read and translate technical release notes into project tasks and dependencies for upgrade and migration efforts
- A working knowledge of Middleware support and engineering in a RHEL environment including RPM packaging and release management
- A working knowledge of version control and software repository systems and tools specifically Subversion, Tortoise, and Nexus
- Ability to initiate and complete work assignments accurately and on time, with minimal supervision