Posted on Jan 27, 2020 by Endeavour Recruitment
Endeavour Recruitment is looking for a Network Engineer to join a global telecoms client for a 6-month contract in Brussels. They have achieved a world-leading position in the international Voice and Mobile Data markets, with our successful consolidation strategy and a continuing focus on technological advancement and innovation.
- Engineering international carrier networks (including IP/MPLS Backbone & Service Network, Access Network, DCN Network)
- Design, test and implement technical solutions based on business and operational requirements, taking into account recent technology evolutions
- Generating methods, procedures and technical documentation regarding delivered solutions to be used by the various operational departments, performing operational hand-over of the delivered solutions
- Ensuring that carrier network and associated systems are rightfully dimensioned
- Manages the systems software and hardware life cycle
- Ensuring good interaction and communication with: Product Managers, Operational teams, Suppliers, Security, Analysts and other Engineers
- Leads or contributes to creation of RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal) documents by determining function and technical specifications
- Follow up technological and market evolution trends
- Provide Internal workshops & ad-hoc training
- Engineering Degree with an experience of minimum 5 years in the Telecom service network industry
- Experience with:
- Large Service Provider Carrier Networks architectures
- IPv4 & IPv6 & Routing Protocols (BGP, MP-BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
- MPLS, MPLS Layer 2 & Layer3 VPN, Traffic Engineering, FRR, 6(v)PE
- Segment Routing
- BGP Routing policies and Route Reflector configurations
- QoS design and configurations
- Switched network environments
- IP-transit architectures and traffic management
- Carrier Ethernet architectures and OAM
- IP Sec configurations
- Netflow, SNMP & Syslogs
- Traffic inspection, optimisation and caching
- Securing IP Networks
- Knowledge and experience of large Service Provider Carrier Network is a must
- Additional knowledge (considered as strong assets):
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-code principles, being able to use Ansible, write python scripts for network actions
- Knowledge/Experience with CI/CD (automated testing, version control)
- Knowledge/Experience programmable interfaces on Network equipment eg RESTful API's, netconf/yang, ...
- Knowledge/Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions.
- Optical technologies (WDM, OTN, SDH), MPLS-TP, GMPLS
- Network simulation & network modelling
- Knowledge of Voice and Mobile technologies is a plus (SIP, SMPP, SS7, Diameter, GPRS, GRX, GTP, etc)
- Hands on experience with:
- Cisco NCS, ISR and ASR1k portfolio
- Nokia SR 7750 Routers, IXR portfolio
If you are a Network Engineer seeking a new contract, please apply with your CV.