Global Lead utilities Engineering
Posted on Jan 27, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Eindhoven
For one of our clients in the brewery industry we are looking for a Global Lead Utility Engineering.
Start: ASAP- Q1 2020
Duration: 12 months + extension
We are looking for a Global Lead Utility Engineering with in-depth knowledge of sustainable (brewery) utilities.
As a Global Lead Utility Engineering, you:
- discuss scope and challenge investments with senior management and project managers;
- prepare project plans, inquiry specifications and purchasing specifications;
- guide, monitor and check suppliers;
- are responsible for successful handing over of utility installation to the breweries;
- participate actively in their global sustainability program
- contribute to internal projects in the fields of standardization;
- build and maintain a network of suppliers;
- execute utility surveys and advise breweries on improvements;
- monitor, guide and support a variety of external consultants under your supervision.
Who are we looking for?
Someone with an academic background in Mechanical Engineering or Physics both with a master theme Energy technology. The preferred candidate is analytical and an excellent communicator, has a critical attitude, excels in applied learning and has a result driven mentality. You are prepared to travel across the globe to visit the breweries.
For the design engineering experience, at least to 2 of these:
- Heat generation and distribution, including biogas utilization;
- Cooling generation and distribution, including heat pump applications;
- CO2 recovery, storage and distribution;
- Compressed Air systems;
- Renewable energy;
This is mandatory:
- Fluent in English
- Able to deal with both strategic, tactical and operational issues in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Willing to travel frequently (30%) to Operating Companies worldwide in both developing and mature markets.
- Safety top of mind, result oriented, team player, understanding cultural differences and behaviours, open minded, pragmatic.
Nice to have's
- Operational experience of running industrial utility departments (eg with respect to maintenance) is an advantage;
- Knowledge of legislation, (global) standards, policies, etc. is an advantage;
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.