Backbone Network Engineer
Posted on Jan 27, 2020 by ComTech Europe Limited
- Engineer international carrier networks (including IP/MPLS Backbone & Service Network, Access Network, DCN Network)
o Design, test and implement technical solutions based on business and operational requirements, taking into account recent technology evolutions.
- Generates methods, procedures and technical documentation regarding delivered solutions to be used by the various operational departments, performs operational hand-over of the delivered solution
- Ensures that carrier network & associated systems are rightfully dimensioned
- Manages the system's software & hardware life cycle.
- Ensures good interaction and communication with: Product Managers, Procurement, Operational teams, Suppliers, Security, Analysts and other Engineers.
- Leads or contributes to creation of RFI (Request for Information) and RFP (Request for Proposal) documents by determining functional and technical specifications.
- Follow up technological and market evolution trends
- Provide Internal workshops & ad-hoc trainings
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, team player, dedicated and can do attitude, analytical & open-minded
- Ability to integrate technical solution within broader contexts (like business, OSS, governance, )
- Familiarity with a project approach (planning, follow up, communication )
- Ability to take initiatives, be autonomous and act proactively is absolutely a must have
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment.
- Engineering Degree with an experience of minimum 5 years in the Telecom service network industry
- Expert knowledge of (with hands on experience)
- Large Service Provider Carrier Networks architectures
- IPv4 & IPv6 & Routing protocols (BGP, MP-BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
- MPLS, MPLS Layer 2 &Layer3 VPN, Traffic Engineering, FRR, 6(v)PE
- Segment Routing
- BGP Routing policies and Route Reflector configurations
- QoS design and configurations
- Switched network environments
- IP Sec configurations
- Carrier Ethernet architectures and OAM
- IP-Transit architectures and traffic management
- Netflow, SNMP & Syslogs
- Traffic inspection, optimization & caching
- Securing IP Networks
- Knowledge and experience of large Service Provider Carrier Network is a must
- Additional knowledge (considered as strong assets)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure-as-a-code principles, being able to use Ansible, write python scripts for network actions .
- Knowledge/Experience with CI/CD (automated testing, version control)
- Knowledge/Experience programmable interfaces on Network equipment eg RESTful API's, netconf/yang, ...
- Knowledge/Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Cloud solutions.
- Optical technologies (WDM, OTN, SDH), MPLS-TP, GMPLS
- Network simulation & network modelling
- Knowledge of Voice and Mobile technologies is a plus (SIP, SMPP, SS7, Diameter, GPRS, GRX, GTP, etc)
- Hands on experience with
- Cisco NCS, ISR and ASR1k portfolio
- Nokia SR 7750 Routers, IXR portfolio.