Posted on Jan 27, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Amsterdam
We are currently looking for a Network Specialist/Architect, to work in Amstrerdam (The Netherlands).
This opportunitty is for one of the biggest Telecom companies worldwide.
Department contractor will be working in
- Deployment Team of Technical Site Strategy Engineering & Build. 100% Schiphol
Where does the department sit within Liberty Global? What is/are the main projects of this department?
- Within the T&I, CN&O department, The role will be mainly focused on providing our core Roadmap projects, producing the NLow-Levelw Level Design (LLD) based on the Engineering HLD, perform the Implementation of necessary CRQs and handover documents to relevant teams.
Day-to-day key accountabilities
Deployment of Roadmap Projects:
1. Understand the business requirements and translate them into technical network solutions (capacity and functionality).
2. Support the Project and Engineering teams to template design solutions. Attending project meetings and carryout initial impact assessments.
3. Produce network design solutions and designs, bills of material, implementation & migration plans and documents taking into account all related network elements.
4. Work with local in-country teams to coordinate any build requirements.
5. Maintain network integrity ensuring that changes are configured in accordance with the companies technical standards and guidelines.
6. Perform end to end testing of engineered solutions before the implementation takes place.
7. Carry out network implementations (night change windows), migrations and handover the new networks to Operations.
8. Monitor networks to ensure availability of design features and capacity.
9. Support solutions relating to any major incidents in terms of Tier-3 escalations and problem management within the established SLAs.
Required skills and knowledge
Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies
Skills and Competencies:
Network performance optimization; LAN/WAN knowledge; network design and implementation; CISCO certificate is a plus
3 - 4 must have skills that can be used for the CV screening
Network performance optimization; LAN/WAN knowledge; network design and implementation; Strong knowledge of IP Networks and relevant design CCNP/JNCIS level (CCIE or JNCIE is a plus)
Proven solid experience in high-scale IP Networks - BGP, MPLS, QoS, OSPF, ISIS, Multicast etc.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.