Senior Cluster Procurement Manager DACH
Posted on Jan 27, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Basel we are looking for a Senior Cluster Procurement Manager DACH for a 6 month contract.
Senior Cluster Procurement Manager DACH
This is a Temp to Perm opportunity.
Workload: 80 - 100% (up to 20% remote flexibility)
The Sr. Cluster Procurement Manager is responsible for leading one Procurement category (Contingent Spend CH) and serving as the key procurement contact to one or more business areas (eg division(s), franchise(s), corporate function(s). The role is accountable for implementing the global Procurement strategic goals on country (Switzerland) level for their area of responsibility (Contingent Spend) and successfully managing relevant KPIs in regards to productivity, compliance metrics, processes, customer satisfaction and (if applicable) people development. Implement Master vendor concepts to deliver value and reduce procurement touch. The role is also accountable for successfully managing and developing relationships driving value for their business with stakeholders in their area of responsibility, and with key suppliers on in their area of responsibility.
Drive/Implement Cluster strategic goals from overall Procurement strategy
- Accountable productivity/cost efficiency targets in their area of responsibility.
- Accountable for key compliance metrics such as PO-compliance, process compliance in their area of responsibility. Support centrally led processes (eg NFCM, TPRM).
- Successful implementation of global, regional and country projects across categories & functions, ensure key stakeholder alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Manage quality of the country/cluster end-to-end Procurement process incl. compliance to policies, strategies and processes. Support seamless integration of capability centres into the end-to-end process.
Manage relationships with stakeholders
- Serve as key contact for stakeholders in the in their area of responsibility. Build effective relationships of mutual trust and understanding.
- Understand business priorities and ensure Procurement activities effectively support business strategies.
- Transmit relevant business insights to their local teams, global/regional Category Management as well to sourcing managers and buyers.
Manage supplier relationships
- Executing the Source-to-Contract process including respective strategies, approaches and methods: Preparing and conducting fact-based negotiations. Adapting tactics from a broad portfolio of negotiation strategies to achieve results that support business and Procurement objectives.
- Ensure effective local implementation of global supplier strategies (eg implementation of strategic suppliers, contracting principles, execution of global/regional contracts).
- Manage local supplier landscape in their area of responsibility in line with business strategies & global Procurement goals and strategies (eg payment terms, manage tail spend, local supplier management process).
Manage the team (where applicable)
- Support the implementation of the new Operational Model for the countries in scope.
- Regularly assess & develop the team's capabilities (hard & soft skills).
- Identify and develop key talents in the organisation in alignment with Country Procurement Head.
Ensure effective communication
- Ensure effective communication between the different Procurement functions, such as Operations, Capability centres, global/regional category management, compliance.
- Serve as the key contact for stakeholders in their area of responsibility and ensure that business needs/requirements are reflected in procurement activities.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Payment terms improvement.
Responsible for procurement compliance in the area of responsibility (eg procurement systems, P2P cycle, SOP implementation).
Process efficiencies: Automation, hands-free buying.
Timely implementation of process standardization including technology roll out (eg procurement systems, P2P cycle, SOP implementation).
Supplier landscape: effective supplier roster, supplier management process, reduction of tail spend, access to innovation
People KPIs (where applicable): Turnover, people diversity, development of team members
University/Advanced degree is required.
Bachelor degree required in Business, Organization development or similar; Master's degree preferred.
Additional qualifications (CIPS, Project Management, etc.)
7 years of procurement experience in large multinational organization.
1-3 years of experience in managing people and team in an international environment. Experience in change management and leading through change.
Ability to influence and manage senior stakeholders.
Proven track record of successful supplier negotiation and management.
Proven track record of delivering the saving target and bringing value add through procurement processes.
Excellent spoken and written English
German and French are advantageous
SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
- Contingent Labor Blue & White color market experience in DACH countries
- Deep & broad labor law knowledge mandatory
- Proven track record in implementing high complex contingent labor strategy projects
- 3 years experience in category management
Intermediate Level required in:
Procurement strategy: Procurement strategy development and conveying
Ecosystem management: Ecosystem partner management
Category management: Category strategy development
Advanced Level required in:
Ecosystem management: Value chain & total cost Analysis
Demand management: Specification analysis and demand influence
Category management: Category expertise; Compliance & risk management
Insight management: Analytics
Contract management and administration
Digital: Procurement tools and data; Procurement content and automation
Finance and control: Financial acumen; Procurement KPIs (performance, price and demand development)
Personal effectiveness: Strong communication with Impact
Outstanding Level required in:
Sourcing management: Sourcing Execution/S2C (strategies, approaches, methods)
Business excellence: Project management & planning
For more information please contact Barbara Tenerowicz:
E: (see below)