Network Operations Center NOC Manager/Weekend Shift
Posted on Jan 25, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This is a weekend shift role, Thursday thru Sunday, 8:00am - 7:00pm*
*Position is shift bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Network Operations Center Manager for the NOC Weekend Shift. Candidate will be accountable for leading in the repair, automation, and preventative actions to provide support to the infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Skills:
Capable of providing employees with immediate feedback, coaching, and mentoring to improve performance.
Experience working in a Growth culture, where employees feel safe, are continuously learning, can practice what they learn, and feedback across the organization.
Manage a team of diverse skilled engineers in Incident, Change, and Problem management, helping to maximize Availability across the Company Enterprise.
Ensure incidents are worked in a timely manner and with quality and what can't be fixed is turned over to the next shift.
The NOC manager will be a point of escalation for NOC teams and will be expected to be an active participant leading incident calls.
Experience working with vendors and or other departments, to ensure root cause and preventative actions are addressed in a timely manner.
Lead the team in documenting standard operating procedures, creating lesson learned documentation, which can be presented by employees to employees for knowledge sharing.
Administer and work to continuously improve NOC monitoring/alerting and notification tools.
Lead, Monitor, and operate the support surrounding a Disaster Recovery tests.
- 3+ years working as an Engineer performing design, planning, documenting, and support technology.
- With experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Cisco Networks, Red hat, Avaya, Windows, NetApp, Rubrik, Palo Alto, F5, and Infoblox
- Github, Linux, PowerShell, Python, Ansible
- Monitoring tools: Splunk, Netcool, SCOM
- 3+ years people or technical leadership or equivalent experience leading a team OR working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Ability to work within the departments shift schedule. If the schedule should change you will be provided notice.
- Ability to drive operational efficiency through data driven decision making, automation, and standardization.
- Experience working in a shift schedule with a follow the Sun model, working as part of a global team.
- Experience working in an agile environment to help develop Infrastructure as code using a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Previous experience managing a team(s) of Network and System Engineers.
- ITIL Foundation level qualification/knowledge