Software Engineer - C++ - Imaging and Lasers
Posted on Jan 25, 2020 by Vector Recruitment Ltd
We have a brand-new role for a Software Engineer with skills in C++ .NET (ideally VB.NET and Winforms) to join a highly successful and cash rich Oxford based company. The company is experiencing sustained & steady growth and the C++ .NET Software Engineer/Software Developer will be working on the development of their next generation Imaging Systems. This will include implementing new features for applications, developing toolkits to interface to hardware as well as control of lasers and other hardware via serial communications protocols. Software used is mostly VB .NET and C++. Not only is the work exciting but you will be working within a company which really values its employees and as a result have an incredibly low staff turnover. The company really believes in investing in its staff and offers a truly family friendly culture.
Responsibilities of Software Engineer (C++, .NET, Winforms - Imaging and Lasers)
- Developing Windows applications
- Enhancing systems with well thought-out User Interfaces.
- Interfacing with lasers, stages, cameras etc via manufacturers SDKs, or serial communications over USB.
- Maintaining backwards compatibility with older hardware, ensuring that measurements are consistent over different versions of the software.
- Strengthening software architecture to allow flexibility and support of multiple lasers/other hardware.
- Knowledge of C++, .NET languages (VB.NET ideally) and Winforms.
- Relevant industry experience
- Strong mathematical capabilities
- Ability to understand physical systems
- A passion for creating great User Experience
- Experience of any of the following would be advantageous: Mathematical modelling, 3D geometry, Subversion, Embedded programming, FPGAs/PICs, Working with Legacy code, image analysis.
SALARY: £35k - £45k + Excellent Benefits
TO APPLY: Send your CV to Adam at Vector Recruitment Ltd