Big Data Developer
Posted on Jan 25, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
My Client, a Global Investment bank is currently seeking a Big Data Developer for an initial 6 months with a high possibility of long term extension to join their Zurich offices.
Working as part of a team responsible for the data processing, data management, implementing testing, aggregating data, calculating risk measures, creating data ontology.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working in an agile environment (scrum team size: 7)
- Developing solutions by following the design thinking approach
- Using state of the art data science infrastructure & technologies
- Do end-to-end development including front-ends
- Interact directly with subject matter experts and stakeholders to create the solutions
- Based on the seniority contractor will either co-work with an experienced data scientist on the tasks or be a fully self-reliant squad member
Requirements:Essentials Skills and Qualifications Senior Candidates:
- Proficiency in Python and PySpark
- Track record of working as a developer
- Experience of working with data platforms
- Experienced in analytics with focus on distributed computing
- High integrity, responsibility and confidentiality is a must for dealing with sensitive data
- Proven experience as a strong, self-starting team player and independent thinker, willing to cooperate in a highly collaborative environment and contribute to the team's success
- Active member of the agile and design thinking approach
Essentials Skills and Qualifications Junior Candidates:
- Proficiency of Python and PySpark
- Studies in Quantitative Subjects
- Knowledge of analysing big data
- Quick learner and analytical thinking
Desired experience includes German language knowledge.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.